Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Vulcan Taurus SES. Last January I purchased the car and the heat didn't work well. Took it to the shop and had a new heater core installed. It worked fine for the rest of the winter. Yesterday, it was rainy and cool out so we turned the heater on for the first time. NO HEAT. At all. Blows cold. Not sure at all what the problem is. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10,939 Posts
I have a 2001 Vulcan Taurus SES. Last January I purchased the car and the heat didn't work well. Took it to the shop and had a new heater core installed. It worked fine for the rest of the winter. Yesterday, it was rainy and cool out so we turned the heater on for the first time. NO HEAT. At all. Blows cold. Not sure at all what the problem is. Any suggestions?
If your hoses to the core are hot in and hot out, then blend door motor is common. Plenty of posts on that one.

If you have auto climate control, threads on that one also.

-chart-

·
Registered
402 Posts
May I suggest that you try pinching off the heater core bypass hose to see if that helps, it worked for me.
Don't do that. That hose is there for a reason.

Our heater cores clog very easily. Pinch that hose and water is shunted from the heads (IIRC, the rear head) which could easily lead to overheating, warping, and engine destruction.

You need to have the entire cooling system flushed out thoroughly.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Don't do that. That hose is there for a reason.

Our heater cores clog very easily. Pinch that hose and water is shunted from the heads (IIRC, the rear head) which could easily lead to overheating, warping, and engine destruction.

You need to have the entire cooling system flushed out thoroughly.
Well all I can say is that is BS because cars used to not have a bypass hose. Like I said I did mine with no problem.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Well all I can say is that is BS because cars used to not have a bypass hose. Like I said I did mine with no problem.
On vehicles better designed yes. When you pinched that line any crud blocking your heater core was forced back into the cooling passages for the engine and radiator.

This really isn't up for discussion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts