Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Ford Taurus SE with about 83,000km.... Bought it in summer, and noticed in winter that the heater is not heating the car...
I took the car in twice and I am still having the same problem...
They changed the thermostat first time, and flushed it second time..
Here is what I noticed and what I can tell you...
The car when it has been warmed for few minutes, has the thermostat needle in the middle where it should be at... When I turn the heat to max on the warmest temperature,, the heat that comes out is luke warm at best, and at full power I would say the air coming out is like putting it to the 1st power on any other car.. So, there isn't much air force coming out at full power, and the heat is like set to middle at best.. Do I have some sticky parts somewhere, or the panel is done?? Any suggestions?? Please keep in mind I do NO work on cars whatsoever, so I am limited in what I can actually test for myself..
Thanks for any help,
Andrew

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
If you have a Vulcan engine that has not had regular cooling system maintenance, your water pump could be due for a replacement. Vulcans are notorious for dissolving their pump vanes without a regular flush every other year.

·
Super Moderator
8,590 Posts
^^^^^^ +1

·
Registered
79 Posts
From what you describe it sounds like there is reduced air flow coming out of the vents which I would think would be related to the fan. Seems like I saw something on this before, where the fan would only work on low speeds, but I can't recall for sure now.

If the air is warm coming out, but just isn't flowing hard, then I would start there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts