Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the cold weather, I have noticed that my heater takes a long time to get hot. Normal around town driving usually takes the temp needle to the middle in about 10 minutes, but the heater does not get hot until at least 5-10 minutes after that, and that is only the "vent". The "floor" seems to never get hot, it might after a while, but i never drive my car for long enough to find out. The "Defroster" is working like the "vent". Why does the heater take so long? Why wont my "floor"get hot? Iv noticed in my friend's Camry that the floor gets hot in about 5 minutes, so hot in fact, that we have to turn the heat temp down.

·
Registered
712 Posts
It sounds like a stuck thermostat (stuck open). That would explain why it doesn't heat up properly. But it wouldn't explain why the floor vents are any colder than the dash vents. I don't see how that's possible. Maybe it was just your imagination?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it could be my imagination, IF it was a small difference, but its not. The air coming from the floor vents is not hot at all. It is not the 0* that the outside is, but is not hot by any means.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Check the blend door. There is a spring that helps lift the blend door to the hot side. Mine came off in the spring and I didn't notice until it got cold. When I was taking it apart to check it I found that the motor couldn't lift the door.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts