Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to pass some info regarding this hose.

I was smelling antifreeze for a couple of weeks but I did not see a leak anywhere. The smell got stronger and after close further inspection I found a leak at the plastic T-connection of a heather hose to engine block. I will give the " tech name and numbers next" but I believe is the best name to explain this hose. It connects to the upper heater core connection to left side of the engine ( you standing in front of it) and the other connects the right side of the engine to the lower heater core connection. There is a hose connecting these two in a "H" pattern.

I tried the junkyard but unfortunately one of the endings is aluminum and it was in terrible shape pretty much in every car I pulled if off. I tried several autoparts but they did not have as " a unit".

The numbers on the car are 0749-5206 CIP and 0889-5207 CIP for left and right ( do not recall which is which) hoses and for the one across is F7DH8548 AB.

Dealer had a diffiult time finding it as a " unit" so he desired to reserch it and call me back. He found the number to be F7DZ-8548-AA - RACK TUBE AS. PRICE $ 118.82 (FORD DEALER)

Now let me explain the "unit" issue. The two side hoses are connected to the one going across a plastic "T" on one side and a aluminum "T" on the other side. These hoses are "glue" to the "T's", therefore making the 3
hoses a unit.

Because of the importance of this hose, going "short cut" is just looking for future trouble, unless is for a short or temporary repair. Junkyard is not recommended.

I hope this can be of any help.

Lucky.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
What year/engine?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts