Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Taurus SEL AWD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Saskatchewan, land of frigid and never-ending winters.

I've been having troubles with my heater blower motor after taking my vehicle for a carwash. As soon I exit the carwash there is a weird noise coming out from the passenger door, it sounds lice crackling or static noise and shortly after that my blower starts acting up until it stops working for a couple of days.
I took it to my local dealership and explained them what the situation was, at that time I have not notice the correlation between the high-pressure water and the faulty blower. They let it sit in the hated garage all day, all the ice buildup thawed and when they got to it the blower was working normally. I am suspecting that the freezing temperatures and water getting somewhere it shouldn't be causing the problem.
Has anyone here have had the same or similar problem? Is there any advice of what could it be the failure?
Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
1998 Ford Taurus SE 3.0 OHV
32 Posts
Hi. I'm not sure if this applies to your car since it's newer, but check your carpeting on the passenger side just below the jockey box (glove box) and see if it's wet right after it's washed. It's quite possible water is coming in through the door sill or better yet, the firewall (since it's high pressure water) and getting the fan blower motor resistor wet! On the older Fords, this was a common problem, even on Fusions up to at least 2012. Maybe this will help out a bit? I know it's bitter cold where you live as I have friends in the southern end (Saskatoon). Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts