Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out in a round about way that Gen3 had the heated mirror option. I just wanted to see if anyone can verify this. I didn't think this was an option until gen4. SilverKnight says in the COTM forum that his mom's 98 gen3 has them.

Does anyone know if I were able to find the guts for these would i be able to install this option in my 98 Sable or would i have to replace the entire mirror housing and all to do this? Or for that matter is it even possible to add this option after the fact.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've checked around and it doesn't appear that the heated mirrors were an option on the 98 sable.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well damn, i guess i didn't look in the right places then before i spoke :(

Well that gives me hope that i can add this option to my 98 sable then.

So where are the controls for the heated mirrors at then Kim? got a picture of them by any chance?

G

·
Well, all my mirrors say is "heated" on them, in nice writing, and the controls are hooked up so when i put on the rear defroster, the mirrors heat up as well

Attachments

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know if the wiring is in place on a 98 and all i would have to do is add the "heated mirror" and plug them in. That would be easy and sweet.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
you have to run the wire....all 4 tauruses/sables i have owned have come with this option...from my 96G (not gl, lx or se, but G...kinda funny....no ,power door locks but it had heated mirrors) to my 99 taurii.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
If your outside mirrors say "Heated" in cursive then you have heated mirrors....If not, too bad. :)

Ada,

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
my moms car is a 99 se, the mirrors are off my brothers old 98 se. we werent sure if we actually wired the heated part in or not. but when we turn the rear def on. they heat up. so i guess everything is wired in correctly

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by SilverKnight@Jun 17 2004, 10:45 PM
my moms car is a 99 se, the mirrors are off my brothers old 98 se. we werent sure if we actually wired the heated part in or not. but when we turn the rear def on. they heat up. so i guess everything is wired in correctly
So did you actually add wiring to do this or was it already there? Just curious since you said that you weren't sure you had actually wired in the heated pair or not and Brad said that you have to add the wiring for this option if you don't have it already.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
all my cars had the wirring and heateed mirrors...i did not have to add it.

Ive taken apart enough taurii to see that you will have to run the wires if it did not already come with heated mirrors.

Brad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts