Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy heated mirrors for my taurus. My question is when I get the mirror it will be in a housing that is a different color from mine. Can I just remove that housing and put it in mine?

thanks
adam

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am thinking about buying some heated outside mirrors thats why I am wondering.

Thanks
Adam

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can use your existing shell. The heater is just a little block that sits on the back of the mirror (Thats the way the continental is anyways). If I am right...the wires might even be there already too.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Yeah I am pretty sure it will fit without any problems at all. Are you upgrading to Heated Mirrors? Just wondering ...

Frank

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I dont see why not, its just a mirror with an electrical line going to it. The shape & size of the mirror is the same.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Yeah it should fit perfectly ... but can you upgrade heated mirrors if you don't have them right? Just curious.

Frank

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I heard somewhere that the wire was there, but i may be mistaking it with Gen 4's and they're security lights.... :headscratch:

If you want, I'll check out the gen 3's at the salavage yard on saturday...I gotta head up there to see if i can find a starter for my RX7 anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Well if you could find out I will appreciate it a lot. Thanks a lot.

Frank

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
yes, if you tug on the glass, it will pop out. Kinda hard and scarry, but it will come out (try to pull the outer side out first).

Then you just need to run two wires throught the gromits into the dor and into the car to power the headted mirror if you dont already have em...thats the hard part

Brad

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First off. Thanks for everyone who replied. Frank, I am indeed going to upgrade to heated mirrors since I live in WI. tmonster, if you do go to the bone yard, please keep your eyes on some Gen III heated mirrors. I am in the market for some. If you see some, please give me a price. Are the heated mirrors worth it?

Thanks
Adam

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I have heated mirrors and will never go back.

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Yes, there worth it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts