Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While changing the sparkplugs on my 2004 Sable (Vulcan), I found a small box-shaped heat shield that had come off of wherever it goes and was cradled between the engine an firewall. It appears that it should be held in place by two of the little push-in plastic thingys (similar to what is used to hold door panels in place). I cannot for the life of me figure out where this is supposed to go......I checked my mom's '01 SES and hers does not have on (different intake manifold.)

Anybody able to help me on this? A description (or photos) would be great....BTW I was able to change the back plugs without removing anything else although it's going to take a few days for the cuts on my hands and arms to heal.......the plug in the best shape back there was at 75 thousands.....best in the front was 90. Suprised it still ran lol.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Heat shield goes over tranny oss (output shaft speed sensor aka: vss (vehicle speed sensor)). On my gen3 tecs with the ax4n tranny it sits atop the tranny between the evr (egr solenoid) and the pass. firewall. Not sure on an 04 vulcan, although you should have the ax4n tranny also?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow. It was laying between the intake and exhaust manifold so I only looked in that vicinity. I wonder how it got way up there?
Thanks, Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts