Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello amigos,,, I jsut had a problem with my healights nd some of you know the solution.

ok, when I turn on the engine, the automatic headlights wont turn on,,,I am wandering if is a fuse,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or what else could it be?

all the sudden they stop working....WTF !!!!

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Que pasa con tu carro? No entendi bien!
The issue you have, has to do with the head lights not working? or just the automatic lights doesn't work? Can you still turn on the lights with the switch?
Give us more details and if you want you can send me a p.m. in spanish if that works better for you. B)

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Yes we would need more details. Sounds like you've got the same problem I do and I think the problem can't be easily fixed. Do the parking lights come on? If they do, but not the headlights, its a relay and it's part of a circuit board that would have to be replaced and that's several hundred dollars. If the parking lights don't come on either, then maybe it's just a fuse or a bad light sensor.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (HenrySel @ Jul 14 2009, 01:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739296
Yes we would need more details. Sounds like you've got the same problem I do and I think the problem can't be easily fixed. Do the parking lights come on? If they do, but not the headlights, its a relay and it's part of a circuit board that would have to be replaced and that's several hundred dollars. If the parking lights don't come on either, then maybe it's just a fuse or a bad light sensor.[/b]

yeah,its the automatic light that dont came on when I start the engine, either both headlights and tail lights wont turn on.

I think its a fuse,I need to check it.

thanks henry set

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
QUOTE (BOSS302 @ Jul 16 2009, 11:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739912
QUOTE (HenrySel @ Jul 14 2009, 01:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739296
Yes we would need more details. Sounds like you've got the same problem I do and I think the problem can't be easily fixed. Do the parking lights come on? If they do, but not the headlights, its a relay and it's part of a circuit board that would have to be replaced and that's several hundred dollars. If the parking lights don't come on either, then maybe it's just a fuse or a bad light sensor.[/b]

yeah,its the automatic light that dont came on when I start the engine, either both headlights and tail lights wont turn on.

I think its a fuse,I need to check it.

thanks henry set
[/b][/quote]

From what I remember troubleshooting the headlights not coming on, I think you either have a bad light sensor in the middle of the dash, or a bad switch. You didn't say if they came on manually. If they do, then it's probably not a fuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts