Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

headlight tint

5K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Kyle's 03 SES 
#1 ·
#3 ·
You know they don't do car inspections in every state right? And some people care more about cosmetic than utility, it's weird, it's almost like people are... different.

#4 ·
we dont have inspections in ohio and the tint isnt even that dark....it is 13% tint

i did order a 99cent sample of this stuff too see how dark it really is

my dads friend has a 94 mustang that he bought smoked headlights for....i liked the look and i looked into this

#5 ·
My sister's '04 Impala LS came with factory smoked headlight lenses, they look great on a white car. Just make sure you don't get them looking too dark, and remember, it will slighty reduce light output from the lens. Make sure you clean and buff out any scratches/pits on the lenses before tinting.

#9 ·
It wont help at night. You might want to try these covers: GTS Headlight Covers

You can have the black cover for the day time and remove it for the night and have the optimal light output.

This. Tinted headlights look cool. But are retarded at night. B)

#10 ·
Just paint the non-reflector parts of your headlight housing, the dark paint reflects off the clear plastic lense and gives the effect of tinted headlamps, but without the light impairment.

You could convert the headlamps over to projector style and paint the entire housing, an example of this is shown on this Mazda6:

#13 ·
yea i dont want to pull the headlights apart to do that and risk moisture getting in. the only problem with the taurus headlights is that there is a decent amount of reflectors and if i pain them the result would be the centennial style lights.

i should be getting a sample of this vinyl soon so ill see how dark it is....its an 87% tint so its really light

#15 ·
are the clear shields snap on?

got the sample today and it doesnt seem that dark with the headlights on....ill test i tonight and see how it looks

but it seems like a good quality product.....its almost plastic like rather that a "sticker" like vinyl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.