Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the auto headlight switch on my 2000 sable and the lights stay on during the day with the switch in auto mode. Whats next? The sensor isn't dirty or blocked in anyway. Any thoughts or ideas?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Here is a chart.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Here is the entire Pinpoint Test K. Your answer is in this test. If it isn't the sensor, then I would think it's your GEM Module going bad.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Sounds like you need a new Sunload sensor, just like mine did.. Check Under topic finder for sunload senor, you will see my topic with part #s etc.

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
^^^^^ +1 on the sunload sensor. Easy to replace, and it isnt super expensive. Could always get one cheap at the JY.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Taking dash apart...

I saw the photo of the dash and the sensor that needs replacing but where do you put the trim tools to pry that section up? It looks really easy. I bought a set of the trim tools at Harbor Freight ($7.99). I don't have alot of room between the windshield and the dash to use the pry method of taking the defroster section apart. Where do I put the tool to pry it up? Thanks....hope this doesn't sound stupid.....

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Shimmy the tools under the end closest to you and the steering wheel. Pry up. You can see in the thread linked by brd how there are felt clips that slide in to slots on the dash to line it up.

Those harbor freight tools are pretty good.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to everyone for all the input. Especially Bull Geek. I ordered the part from Tasca Ford Parts for $23.60 and $10 shipping. Should have it by Wednesday. I'll post the update about the installation sucessful or not. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts