Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just noticed i am missing the two screws one from each light that mounts the head lights to the car its a 2001 sel any one know the correct size

·
Registered
112 Posts
When I changed the heads on the Sable it took a 8mm socket to get them out.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
I've got a Gen III Taurus and Mine also requires an 8mm socket on all of the screws in the headlight assembly.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Ditto ;) doubt that helps with the diameter of the screw itself or it's threads/in but you should be able to just take one into a hardware store like ACE Hardware and find a replacement. I prefer ACE since they tend to have the largest quantity and quality of different fasteners.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANKS almost got all the little things fixed now, blower is in ,new sensor(dpfe)
just waiting for my sun visor which the is broken , and i need to have the hood alined properley its a bit off making it hard to open.
like to thank every1 in this fourum
and i think ill put tranny cooler in too, any other sugestions

·
Registered
112 Posts
Remove the air silencer, if you haven't already done so.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I'm not sure if you hood is binding along the sides or back and that is why it is not closing/opening easily but if that is not the case check the latch itself. I had a similar situation where the latch itself had moved left of right of it's position and it made it hard to latch or release the latch. Can't remember what the lath mechanism looks like on our cars but it might be worth looking at incase that is it before you more the hood itself.

The tranny cooler is a definite IMO. Remove the intake silencer if you haven't done so already. Drop in a K&N or similar high-flo air filter. You can add a torque strap for less then 10 bucks. Possibly a magnefine inline trans filter wouldn't hurt when you install that cooler. and of course routine maintenance (fluid changes, tranny/air/fuel filters, plugs/wires, pcv valve.....) I could go on if you like but they tend to get more expensive the further i go on :D

If money isn't a big issue the one mod that is more then worth the money IMO is getting a chip or PCM reprogram from americanmotorsport.com (Alberto). This was the best money spent on my car IMO.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well the back hood to fender screws were loose on one side so when i tighten them up it made it diffulcut to open , it still opens but its rubbing on release u gotta pull hard im gonna try what you said on the latch movement.
as for the tranny cooler i think im gonna have to have a shop install it ive done one b4 way back on a 79 trans am but there was way more space then on this car 2001 sel2v. and i dont want to damage anything. doing so, the k&n filter is the next item i will buy.
just curios has any one ever installed a full dual exaust setup on this model car?

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
There has been talk of True dual exhaust before but i'm not aware of anyone that has actually done it. I don't believe there is clearance to run the pipes under the car on the gen3&4 (or 1&2 for that matter but i don't know much about them) but not 100% about that.

The trans coolers are really easy to install, if you need help there are plenty of people that have done them here and are more then willing to help you if you have any questions.

Let us know how that hood works out for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts