Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a pair of aftermarket headlight assemblies for my 2007 Taurus. Unfortunately, the OEM headlight bulb retainer rings aren't compatible with these. What are my options?

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
Send the headlights back to the manufacturer and get your money back. Hit up the junk yards for used headlights in good condition.

Reactions: sheila and jag1959

·
Registered
10,032 Posts
Send the headlights back to the manufacturer and get your money back. Hit up the junk yards for used headlights in good condition.
I got TYC for my Taurus and my Sable from RA. They use a different retainer but they come with that and new Sylvania bulbs. I am happy with both.
Do not understand the issue unless the new lamps had the retainer missing.
-chart-

·
Registered
10,032 Posts
I got TYC for my Taurus and my Sable from RA. They use a different retainer but they come with that and new Sylvania bulbs. I am happy with both.
-chart-
-chart-
TYC comes with a metal wavey washer behind the plastic retainer to make for a solid fit. Best not loose that thing. By light measure OE Taurus polished vs new TYC, more than double the peak light output. My only issue, I adjusted the height and then found a broken spring. New ready struts raised the front, now they are too high. Some adjustment needed. I will be using the simple pliers twist method. Old coots need LIGHT. The Sable wagon, my favorite daily, has the relay to boost volts for more light, less bulb life. Since the new lamps had new bulbs, I have spare bulbs.
Buick Lucerne has super good lights, they use both the high and low beam on high. Amazing. But changing a bulb is like removing the front end of the car.
-chart-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts