Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 Taurus LX w/3.8 sedan. The headlight mount panel is cracked right in the middle, so I have to replace it. Does the bumper have to come off and how do the headlight attach to the mount panel.
Thanks for the help, not very familiar with body work.

·
Registered
198 Posts
sorry to hijack your thread but i have the same question, my headlight isnt broke but im swapping the sho/sable lights on to my '92 taurus lx, or do i have to change it at all? oh, how are the sable/sho and taurus headlight panels different?

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Cletus.....really??? Really?????

My head explodes every time I see your attempt at communication.

In keeping with your grammatical skills, your signature should read "The more power the more better".
Pretty rude, don't you think?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I have a 1992 Taurus LX w/3.8 sedan. The headlight mount panel is cracked right in the middle, so I have to replace it. Does the bumper have to come off and how do the headlight attach to the mount panel.
Thanks for the help, not very familiar with body work.
The bumper doesn't have to come off, but the grille (technical term is "stone deflector" since it includes the strip between the headlights and bumper) does.

The headlights attach to the header panel by some ridiculously complicated clips. You'll see it when you look at it. Some needle nose pliers will help with those. I believe there are three clips per headlight.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
sorry to hijack your thread but i have the same question, my headlight isnt broke but im swapping the sho/sable lights on to my 92tauruslx. or do i have to change it at all, how are the sable/sho and taurus headlight panels differ?
Yes, the header panel needs to be swapped. I believe the mount points for the headlights are different.

·
Registered
198 Posts
sorry to hijack your thread but i have the same question, my headlight isnt broke but im swapping the sho/sable lights on to my '92 taurus lx, or do i have to change it at all? oh, how are the sable/sho and taurus headlight panels different?

I did it now, I wrote this "my headlight isnt broke" yesterday, and then (I had a awesome day) i went to Walmart to get things. When I came out a guy said a older suburban hit my car, and then sped away. So, I checked my car out and sure enough it pushed in the rock shield thing in so far it broke the headlight panel in half, bent the hood down bent the tip of the drivers side fender scratched it all up.(generally gave my car a bulldog face). Funny thing is I was gonna change all the front clip to a SHO style thursday and now I cant til the insurance companies do there thing. Then I had a big rock fall from the back of a truck and put a hole in the windshield, got a flat tire, broke off 2 wheel studs changing that flat, and my wife is blaming me for the whole day. So, it goes to show you be careful what you brag about or something is going to put you in your place.

·
Registered
198 Posts
NADA says my car is worth $1200-$2000, kelly blue book say $3100-$3900. I got a average of $2000 quote to repair my car. I paid 500 for it, does anyone think they will fix it or will they total it? I just wish I get the $2000. theres a 94 sho in Salt Lake for $2000 but i think i can get it for $1500.:x: I'll keep my fingers crossed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts