Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a HD headlight harness on my 01 taurus. Do I have to pull something in the DRL box to not break anything when I turn the car on, or will the DRL's just not work?

thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after alot of testing and messing, the harness is still not working correctly.....when on low beam it looks like high beam, and the high beam indicator is dimly lit. high beam fully illuminates the indicator, but the headlights are very dim. the front of the package is marked 9007, but the back says H4 halogen head lamp 90/100W kit. Is this the problem?? is there any way to adapt this kit to 9007?

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
yeah switch the red and white wire and as for drl well it never work with this the drl will put the high beam on full on check to see if you put your light oon if they but back the low beam

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
You'll need to also pull the fuse for the DRL's. The relays, don't really like the DRL's, mine were making a decent buzzing sound from under the hood that I could hear inside the car.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
he has to try one the 3 car i put it in it did not make a sound nor a buzz lol so just try and see what it does but yeah you may have to remove the fuse since when you start the car the high beam will be on at full hid 55 W

not to good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts