Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will this work with my 2001 Taurus?

harness

I especially like "Select the low/high beam option to allow low beams to stay on while high beams are activated. This is similar to the brite box."

·
Registered
3,748 Posts

harness

I especially like "Select the low/high beam option to allow low beams to stay on while high beams are activated. This is similar to the brite box."
[/b]
Did you look at the harness from SUVlights.com?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You don't want the lows and highs to be on at the same time. It will reduce the lifetime of the bulbs since it's a dual filament bulb. It could also melt the housing from the amount of heat that's generated.

·
Super Moderator
8,222 Posts
You don't want the lows and highs to be on at the same time. It will reduce the lifetime of the bulbs since it's a dual filament bulb. It could also melt the housing from the amount of heat that's generated.
[/b]
Agreed!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotemain'>

harness

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Is there a discount code for them?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

harness

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Is there a discount code for them?
[/b][/quote]

Nope

·
Registered
45 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Agreed!!!!
[/b][/quote]

Apart from the potential for reduced bulb life/damage, did you not wonder why the lighting engineers designed the low beam filaments to go off when the high beams are selected?

It is because your long-range vision is reduced at night if the area directly in front of the car is lighted, as it would be if your low-beams remained on. Factory equipment fog lights turn off when the high beams are selected, for the same reason. It's a common misconception that having the low beams stay on when the high beams are selected is "better", hence the popularity of kits to enable that. If it was "better", they would have been designed that way.

And yes, I am fully aware that on most older cars with four sealed beam headlights, all four remained on when you selected the high beams. That was 25 years ago. Headlamp design has come a long way since then.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
In the Taurus or Sable, if you pull the blinker stick towards you, it turns both high and low on. But you have to hold it. It seems to be better for me, I can see both far and close like that easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts