Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about the Headlight covers that make your headlights black. But how do they stay on and can you drive with them on at night? Willl the light shine through it? Just somethings I was wondering about and does anyone hear want to sell some for a gen 2 non sho?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody???

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I thought the covers snapped on. Yes and no about driving at night, that's a state thing. Yes, light shines through, it's pretty dim. Yes, they make them for regular 2Gs, malvin25 has/had them, may still be for sale, check out his for-sale thread in classifieds.

And, uh, you held off a '99 LS1 Trans Am until 80? Was he in gear, like, a forward one? :???:

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Don't go with covers, just buy Night Shade. It looks much better, and you can smoke them to any shade you want. I think it's about 10 bucks a can, and you can easily do both headlights with one can.

Talk to SableSal or DetroitRaver about it.

JR

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Nigth Shade is like spray paint...you wouldn't be able to remove it once it's been applied. You would need to get new headlights from either a dealer or junkyard.

JR

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jul 28 2004, 10:32 AM
Nigth Shade is like spray paint...you wouldn't be able to remove it once it's been applied. You would need to get new headlights from either a dealer or junkyard.

JR
Which is why you shouldn't use them on your headlights. Taillights are OK (as long as it's not too dark) but I'd recommend the covers for headlights because you can take them off when the need arises.

I have covers for my GenIII, and they're pretty easy to get on and off. The only hard part is trying to find them. Not many places have them. Luckily, I do know a site that supposedly has them.(not positive because I didn't get mine from this site)

http://www.aftermarketperformanceparts.com
Then pick make, model, and year of your car. Hundreds of items will show up, but just scroll down to "headlight covers". They have both Lund and GT Styling (GTS, not GTO) covers, and you can get them in either clear or smoke.

Hope this helps out.
-Rob

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Umm does anyone have them that knows how long they take to put on and if u can put them on and off with the hood down and all that?

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by 95FORDT@Jul 28 2004, 10:12 PM
Umm does anyone have them that knows how long they take to put on and if u can put them on and off with the hood down and all that?
I had them on my grand am... they are real easy to take on and off, and you need to have the hood open to take them off...and put them on... if you pull hard on them with the hood down it wil probablyb rewak the clips that hold it on your headlights..

Jesse

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool Thanx Yall for all yalls help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts