Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey; I just came across a product called CCP 5 minute headlamp lens restorer..what do you guys think...any body try this?

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1 Posts
The best and cheapest headlight cleaner is Brasso. Put it on like you're cleaning a piece of brass. Let it dry and polish with a clean cloth. Repeat.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I've also used Meguiar's PlastX as well. It works good, the only issue is, is the lens was yellowed before, then the protective coating was already gone, so after a month or two, they'll be yellow again. But, PlastX is only like 7 bucks, and the bottle should last you a while if you only have to use it every month or two.

I don't know if you can get anything to apply afterwards that will protect the lens, but if there is something out there that you can put on after restoring the lens that will stop it from getting yellowed up again, then I'd use it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I use rubbing compound followed by polishing compound. It works great but it does take a bit of time to polish a headlight effectively.

Y'all have a good one

Bob

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Toothpaste - pick the flavor of your choice. Will polish headlights, remove paint scrapes, marks on interior trim etc - and leave it smelling nice!
:thumb:

·
Registered
151 Posts
QUOTE (oiler1fan @ Mar 3 2009, 07:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704901
Toothpaste - pick the flavor of your choice. Will polish headlights, remove paint scrapes, marks on interior trim etc - and leave it smelling nice!
:thumb:[/b]
Now that's a new one I haven't heard of. I've been using a plastic cleaner followed by a plastic polish.

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (oiler1fan @ Mar 3 2009, 03:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704901
:thumb:[/b]
Glad to see someone else knows that - you can even polish glass if you have the right kind and skills. I used it on my headlights to follow up after grinding the tabs and sanding 80/100/150/220 then wet sanding 220/400/800/1k/2k throw on a buffer pad and bust out the toothpaste. If you follow that with plastX after washing off the remaining toothpaste and drying, the results are amazing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts