Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 GL and have APC Ultra White Bulbs, they are ok. I also have the sylvania cool blue lights in my 01 SES Wagon. I want something with a "blue" look yet that is still bright. Any ideas, prices, where i can get them? I know about the silverstars. I do not really want ot upgrade my wiring harness. I want just a straight replacement.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
If you are wanting a blue look then don't go with the Silverstars. I have a set of them and they have no blue tint to them. They are much whiter then the stock halogen bulbs though. I've ordered an upgraded harness from suvlights.com and can send pics if you like of it with the old bulbs, the new bulbs and the new bulbs and the harness once it arrives.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you get the new harness can you post three sets of pics, one with the stock bulbs by themselves, one with the silverstars by themselves, and one with the silverstars with the new harness?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Try the PIAA plasma GT something bulbs...from the reviews I've read they put out a blueish-almost purple light. PIAA's are some of the most expensive bulbs that you can get however...

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by cmk0808@May 31 2004, 04:58 PM
When you get the new harness can you post three sets of pics, one with the stock bulbs by themselves, one with the silverstars by themselves, and one with the silverstars with the new harness?
Thanks
Yeah I was planning on doing that (the three pics) for the picture for that mod in my garage.

I'm fairly sure i still have the oem bulbs, will have to dig them up.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Try the PIAA plasma GT something bulbs...from the reviews I've read they put out a blueish-almost purple light. PIAA's are some of the most expensive bulbs that you can get however...
They are expensive, but they are great. I have the PIAA ultra plasma white or something like that. Incredibly nice when the roads are dry and wet. Cant wait to get the upgrade harness and see what they do.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah PIAA's are great. They got a year warrenty and they make 194's that match.

Mine have lasted almost 2 years so far.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I cant remeber what they are that i have in my car but i only paid $15 for a set and they are just as bright if not brighter than silverstars and they have a blueish tint to them...

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
cmk0808,

I finally got that harness and installed it last week. suvlights.com was back ordered and was catching up after being gone for a week or so at a trade show.

Here are those Pics i said i would post.

Stock:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Sylvania SilverStar:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Sylvania SilverStars & suvlights.com Heavy Duty Harness:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Well i know the images are slightly resized but i believe it still gets the point across. I got The silverstars (pair) for around 35 bucks at a local parts store. The heavy duty harness was from suvlights.com for 55 plus 7 bucks s/h. If you are looking for White and bright headlights you can beat this combo for the price IMO.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Is the harness something that can be home made?

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
More then likely i'm guessing. But this has been the best one i have found when looking at these. It has very thick gauge wire and uses good relays

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts