Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. I need the amber piece from both sides of a gen 4 headlight! I was doing the centennial light mod and when i opened the headlight the air cooled and deformed the amber pieces!!!

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Leave 'em out :dunno:

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
hey everyone. I need the amber piece from both sides of a gen 4 headlight! I was doing the centennial light mod and when i opened the headlight the air cooled and deformed the amber pieces!!!
[/b]
how long did you have them in for? i'm on my 3rd set and no issues. btw tomorrow i might have a set for you..i'll keep you informed

ryan

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i only had it in for 10 minutes it was fine while the headlight was together but i guess the cold air messed it up cuz it got deformed as soon as it was open. Im gonna have to leave them out for now but Im pretty sure its illegal soooo...lol. awesome let me know if you can get em i would appreciate it. other then that ill post pics when they are done :)

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
i went today to get you them and the headlight that was good was gone and the other that was hit was cracked to bad and the marker was broke... i'm going to keep my eye out for you and try to get you a pair.. might take a week to 3 depending on what taurus come and go in the yard in the next couple weeks.

ryan

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
i only had it in for 10 minutes it was fine while the headlight was together but i guess the cold air messed it up cuz it got deformed as soon as it was open. Im gonna have to leave them out for now but Im pretty sure its illegal soooo...lol. awesome let me know if you can get em i would appreciate it. other then that ill post pics when they are done :)
[/b]
As long as you have an amber bulb in there, it's not illegal.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its the silverstar bulbs that dont look amber but light up amber. its cool if you can get them then awesome if not for awhile i can wait im sure its not that big of a deal they do light up amber

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I did a search of the TX Transportation Code...

The only reflectors required are two red reflectors on the rear of the vehicle, so you're fine.

I must say, the way your Transportation Code is written and formatted online is WAY easier to read than Michigan's.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
go tx! did something simple for a change! I mean what kind of state is it legal to carry guns in nyour car but is a felony to have too many sex toys! haha. thanjks for looking that up for me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts