Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my crystallines just, and im trying to figure out how exactly to install them, help please!! 1993 Taurus GL

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
NVM, got them in, took a while, and it was a pain, but there in now. EASILY the coolest mod so far to the car besides the subs!!

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Sexy, aren't they?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VEEEERRRRRRRRRRY Sexy, full bling effect now lol. And they shine sooo bright, I see so much better at night now!! Definitely a great mod, all Gen 2 owners should do so immediately!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Could somebody post before and after pics of the two types of headlights? I'm not familiar with the Taus before '02, except that they share similar body stills with the '00s.

Thanks!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a comparison of my car....
Before...

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Smola, definitely one of the coolest mods ever to the car!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats my neighbors car, he lives in the dead end behind me, and thats where I always take pictures of my car. Not a big fan of the car...
Its all American at my house, although the other two are Chevys

And Thanks FireSpirit

·
Registered
13 Posts
holy cow those look NIIIIIICCEEEEEE!!!

where'd you get those? i want a pair!

how much were they?

i bet those headlights really light up the road at night.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Originally posted by blue92GL@Feb 16 2004, 05:51 PM
holy cow those look NIIIIIICCEEEEEE!!!

where'd you get those? i want a pair!

how much were they?

i bet those headlights really light up the road at night.
Not really; I think I read somewhere in one of the SHO forums that the "disco ball" design reflected the same amount of light on the road as their regular counterparts. It's a cosmetic mod IMO.

Best bet is ebay; I saw a couple of sets floating around last week. They pop up once in a while, but usually go for $80 or so. You can also check the For Sale section...I think there's someone thats selling a set. These are not easy to find, as they were only put on 2 particular models (LX/SE) and in the last two years of Gen2 production.

TrueBlue; I still haven't seen the pics of your new headlights
. Mind sharing it with everyone?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is DEFINITELY a difference in the amount of light on the road, visibility at night is definitely improved with these headlamps. They do reflect the same amount of light, however the lense on the normal ones are kinda of frosted, and dull the light as it exits the lamp. These lense are crystal clear, allowed much more light to pass through. I had silverstars in the old headlamps, and silverstars in the new ones, and its MUCH brighter. I got them off of ebay, 78 dollars plus shipping. Definitely worth the Money. If your interested, definitely check ebay.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
All you doubters out there, STAY out there!!! I've had mine in for almost a yr. now and I'm STILL amazed at the difference between the old light assemblies w/reg. 9007's then to silverstars then to the clear lenses w/silverstars. M.T they look totally HOT!!! And I'm not just sayin' that because our cars are the same color
. Here's mine
and at nite

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by 93taurusSX@Feb 16 2004, 06:40 PM
TrueBlue; I still haven't seen the pics of your new headlights
. Mind sharing it with everyone?

Yeah, I'm showing off. Sue me.
Next to my urethanes and rims, the best mod yet. Especially since my old lamps had broken mounting brackets.

Thanx again Ben!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BLUE Taurus
Nice RD, I can't believe the difference with these lenses, and my old lenses were diiirty too, so this is a BIG improvement. And TrueBlue, You've heard my praise already, and in addition, those foglamps OWN.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by MaltaTaurus69@Feb 18 2004, 10:00 AM
And TrueBlue, You've heard my praise already, and in addition, those foglamps OWN.
Thanks Malta... those foglamps do OWN. They 0wn3d me. I can't get replacement bulbs for them now because they discontinued that style.

TrueBlue <--- 0wned by bulb.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts