Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i know that stainless colours under high heat and expands and contracts too much. But steel just rots too quick. What do you ppl suggest?

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Mild steel with industrial strength chrome plating. Yeah, the stainless has a horrible amount of thermal expansion and will easily shear bolts. The mild steel will expand very little, it's cheap, easy to work with, and the chrome plating will keep it from rusting and rotting as well as giving the unmistakable mega bling factor.

-mobiuslogic

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if i dont make tuned headers than would it be pointless to do this? Cause i know that tuned headers would be a pain to make them fit. unless....hmmm

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by mobiuslogic@Feb 8 2004, 03:12 AM
Mild steel with industrial strength chrome plating. Yeah, the stainless has a horrible amount of thermal expansion and will easily shear bolts. The mild steel will expand very little, it's cheap, easy to work with, and the chrome plating will keep it from rusting and rotting as well as giving the unmistakable mega bling factor.

-mobiuslogic
You must be fluent in the language of Blinglish. haha. good ideas though, i couldnt agree more.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Well, choming versus powdercoating are likely to be about the same price. But the chrome has the bling factor and the much much higher anti-corrosion properties that just a powdercoating wouldn't.

-mobiuslogic

D

·
0 Posts
Jet-Hot is the she-it and they do offer coatings for the bling-ably challenged. They coat inside and out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts