Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered one of those 100 watt harnesses from suvlights.com since everyone said it makes a difference, I havn't gotten it yet however. But I understand I can run 100 Watt bulbs in them (I learned the hard way it will melt a regular harness), but can the light fixtures handle the 100 watt bulbs. Also, how do I aim the lights properly on a Gen 3, I went by the manual and they seem all jacked up, so I looked in my haynes manual, and well its the same thing. What's the trick.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Ford did a recall on the headlight aiming device a few years back. Go to the Ford dealer and ask if they can bring up how to aim them. I need to do that also.

·
Registered
341 Posts
me too. i just aimed mine two days ago. use the bubble...line it up. remember to line it left to right before you do it top to bottom.

lenses shouldn't melt...but they could. others will be able to provide more insight.

good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, but one of my headlights is missing a bubble, and I had body work done after I hit a deer, so the other bubble doesn't read right. :(

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
The adjustment screw isn't phillips, it's a torx screw with a little pillar in the center of it. You need a special torx driver to adjust them, or you can attempt it with a leatherman or pair of locking pliers. Make sure that when you go to do it, you're on really level ground. Go to Home Depot and buy a cheap level to check the grade of the area before you do it.

Also, one of my bubbles is gone...what can I do?

JR

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Aug 19 2004, 05:09 AM

Also, one of my bubbles is gone...what can I do?

JR
Take the car to an empty parking lot... or the far end of the WalMart parking lot after dark. Adjust the lights until they look even. Check both high and low beams. You don't want to adjust the low beams to high and blind oncomming drivers. Also, the light should aim a tiny bit to the right. Or aim the right headlight a tiny bit right and the left headlight should aim straight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts