Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:huh: My Hazard Lights dont work at all, and the turn signals only seem to work when the hazard light button is actually pressed down ? Thats confusing ?
Anyone know why it does that ?

G

·
Your multifunction switch is probably bad. It is common enough for that part to go out that I would consider it a wear item.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
You might also jsut have a turn signal light out. Check all your bulbs to make sure that they work properly. I had a bulb out in my old Topaz, and the turn signals wouldn't work on that side, because since the bulb was broken, the system couldn't complete a circuit.

Test all your bulbs before you go any further. If the bulbs are all good, it probably is your multifunction switch. Buy a new one or grab one from the junkyard...

JR

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Multifunction switch ? Also I think all the lights are good, like I was saying all the turn signals work... just when the hazard light is depressed, when its not none of the signals work

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Muntifunction Switch is the switch that controls your turn signals, high beams, wipers and hazard lights.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Try spraying some contact cleaner in the gap around the emergency flasher switch, then work the switch a few times.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill give it a try, theres nothing about a Multifunction switch in the Hayes guide, but I did find some info in the book about controls around the steering column, some electrical stuff. Thats probably it :banana:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts