Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 Taurus SHO in which the Hazard lights are not flashing/blinkink. They light up in the instrument cluster solid. I assume it's the flasher/relay but I'm not real sure where it's located, i.e. under the hood, "fuse panel", glove box area, etc. Can someone offer some assistance? Thank you:)

·
Registered
23,813 Posts
If turn sigs. work, prob. dirty contacts. Iirc, they share the same flasher above fuse panel. Haz. switch is part of the mfs (multi-function switch aka turn, light and wiper switch stalk). You can remove mfs and clean it and haz. switch up (see topic finder), or, if youre a gambler, you can spray with red ext. straw, electronic contact cleaner, wd-40, etc. down the haz. switch from the top. But buyer beware! This has worked for me a few times, but has also shorted out 1 or 2 mfs(s) requiring replacement from pick n pull or parts store. They get gunked up with grit, grime, coke and smoke over the years sitting on top of the steeriing column. Also from lack of use.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I found out jiggling my hazard switch fixed it. Try that. If so It can be a bad MFS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.