Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Having Fun With My Gen4

3K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  hayabusaboy123 
#1 ·
So, I have decided to just have fun with my gen4 Taurus SES. Here is a first example, but have more pics to come.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
QUOTE (mrcow32 @ Apr 21 2009, 03:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719368
That's like putting a V8 badge on my SHO and saying, "Well, it isn't COMPLETE crap, it has power like a V8..."

Sorry, but having a badge advertising something you really don't have isn't cool. It's actually pretty lame, and I'm sure a lot of people would tell you that's very ricerish.[/b]
That's very ricerish! :p

Lose the turbo badge.

#9 ·
Badge= Uncool!! :)

#14 ·
I find it so interesting that 11 replies had to tell me they thought my silly badge was "ricerish" whatever that could mean. Do you get the joke? It's a Ford Taurus, there is nothing special about it, my grandfather drives the same one. I love my Taurus, but I am having some fun with it, not trying to make my grocery runner into a true sportster. It never will be. It also will never be a police vehicle, regardless of the paint job, nor will it be wicked cool because removing the intake valve makes it sound gruffer. My Taurus is lame y'all. I love it all the same, but it is a Ford Taurus for the love of God. I don't even mind looking lame, as long as I am having fun. Me and my turbo e85 Taurus are having a lame old time. Here, more lameness for you, and to think I was excited to share some of the little things I had done to my car to make it fun for ME (not others). You all take your unimpressive, average vehicles way to seriously. No matter how you dress ir up, whether it be with a body kit, fake police paint, blah blah and etc, it is still an average car, even the most expensive of them. So, I am glad I could be the outlet for your name calling of the day, perhaps one day you might have the chance to do it to my face. I won't notice, though, because I will still be too busy dancin to my own beat.

#16 ·
QUOTE (sjrush @ Apr 21 2009, 07:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719463
I find it so interesting that 11 replies had to tell me they thought my silly badge was "ricerish" whatever that could mean. Do you get the joke? It's a Ford Taurus, there is nothing special about it, my grandfather drives the same one. I love my Taurus, but I am having some fun with it, not trying to make my grocery runner into a true sportster. It never will be. It also will never be a police vehicle, regardless of the paint job, nor will it be wicked cool because removing the intake valve makes it sound gruffer. My Taurus is lame y'all. I love it all the same, but it is a Ford Taurus for the love of God. I don't even mind looking lame, as long as I am having fun. Me and my turbo e85 Taurus are having a lame old time. Here, more lameness for you, and to think I was excited to share some of the little things I had done to my car to make it fun for ME (not others). You all take your unimpressive, average vehicles way to seriously. No matter how you dress ir up, whether it be with a body kit, fake police paint, blah blah and etc, it is still an average car, even the most expensive of them. So, I am glad I could be the outlet for your name calling of the day, perhaps one day you might have the chance to do it to my face. I won't notice, though, because I will still be too busy dancin to my own beat.[/b]
We didn't get the joke.

#17 ·
QUOTE (fdogg96 @ Apr 22 2009, 04:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719520
QUOTE (sjrush @ Apr 21 2009, 07:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719463
I find it so interesting that 11 replies had to tell me they thought my silly badge was "ricerish" whatever that could mean. Do you get the joke? It's a Ford Taurus, there is nothing special about it, my grandfather drives the same one. I love my Taurus, but I am having some fun with it, not trying to make my grocery runner into a true sportster. It never will be. It also will never be a police vehicle, regardless of the paint job, nor will it be wicked cool because removing the intake valve makes it sound gruffer. My Taurus is lame y'all. I love it all the same, but it is a Ford Taurus for the love of God. I don't even mind looking lame, as long as I am having fun. Me and my turbo e85 Taurus are having a lame old time. Here, more lameness for you, and to think I was excited to share some of the little things I had done to my car to make it fun for ME (not others). You all take your unimpressive, average vehicles way to seriously. No matter how you dress ir up, whether it be with a body kit, fake police paint, blah blah and etc, it is still an average car, even the most expensive of them. So, I am glad I could be the outlet for your name calling of the day, perhaps one day you might have the chance to do it to my face. I won't notice, though, because I will still be too busy dancin to my own beat.[/b]
We didn't get the joke.
[/b][/quote]
No, I think we all got it, we just thought what he did to the car was lame. So, you made your lame Taurus more lame. Awesome job.

Enjoy getting laughed at when you pull up next to a Kia Sorrento.

JR

#18 ·
QUOTE (Mai-Sable @ Apr 22 2009, 02:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719515
:05: = Everyone here nowadays.

:bananahump: = What you pretty much did to those who critic harshly.

Your title says it all, you said: "Having FUN".[/b]

Nope, not at all. And here is why:

QUOTE (sjrush @ Apr 21 2009, 10:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719463
First off, if one is going to try to insult others, one must have a firm grasp of what they are insulting. There have been no intake valve removals for sound. Not one. Secondly, and this refers to the whole "response", if one is to make an attempt at a well thought out witty response they should really write it in word to fix the grammatical and spelling errors. Anything less is a lame attempt at intelligence and wit.

The joke was a fail. I got it, hence why I did not respond calling you rice. But the funny was not there. Similar to Nickleback in Portugal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F3O6WYfHQ

#20 ·
Be nice to the :newbie: , he is young and has much to learn.

Welcome to the club, just don't provoke people. We have lots more experience with flaming, trust me on that. :forum_Logo:

#22 ·
turbo badges are so played out even turbo cars dont have them now.. haha.. jk... have fun with it its ur car but what happens is when someone does do up a taurus and all its cars that have fake badging.. big cheap 20's and all that that ruin it for the clean nice cars.. its like that for all cars though not just the taurus,... ex...honda guys... there are way to many retarded hondas out there that ruin it for the nice clean refined cars..

thats my .02

ryan

#23 ·
QUOTE (sjrush @ Apr 21 2009, 09:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719463
also will never be a police vehicle, regardless of the paint job[/b]
No matter how you dress ir up, whether it be with a body kit, fake police paint, blah blah and etc, it is still an average car[/b]
Ouch, ouch, ouch!

Otherwise though, everyone here tries to tastefully modify their Taurus in their own way and we share our ideas so that we can get feedback... Some people do more/spend more than others but that's because it brings us joy to do it! If we could all afford the cars of our dreams, we'd have no reason to modify the car or join a club like this... Also, this club isn't just about doing modifications, it's also about sharing knowledge in regards to maintanence/repairs...

Some people like to get new rims and new exhaust systems and chrome trim and that's fine! It doesn't matter if it's a Taurus or not, the fact is, they are our cars... My thing is keeping my car immaculately clean and in the same condition it was when it rolled off the factory floor... I also add "comfort" modifications to make the ownership experience more pleasurable!

That being said, I know what you mean and I'm not trying to take the opposing side... Just don't be quite as sensitive to criticism if you are going to put yourself out there and ask us for our opinions...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.