Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go ahead and vote...and feel free to recount any kills you have in this thread....

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
02+ BMW 525i 5 speed - Pulled a tiny bit on him once in 3rd

Couple Grand Am's, best race was a newer Grand Am GT ram Air. He took me off the line then I pulled back even and inched past him.

Lost to various Gran Prix's, a couple Mustang's (GT's), and a SSEi. <_<

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
NO... I never raced my Taurus. It's purely for bling.

:rolleyes: Yeah right....

I raced a Green Crown Vic once. Turned out to be an unmarked cop car. He pulled me over... and I didn't get a ticket. :blink:

Some kid in a Diesel F-350 Crew Cab raced me.... and lost.

Late model V6 Accords run neck and neck, but I barely inched him out for the win.

Beat a Monte Carlo... I won't race the new SS models though.

I raced a White G2 SHO once.... I beat him until I hit the speed limiter (112 mph) then he pulled away. He looked over at me and shrugged, as if to say, "What?!? That's all you got?" Well, yeah.... that's all I had... But I spanked him all the way to 112 mph!!!! Punk. :ph34r:

Raced a lowered 80's Chevy truck. He thought he was fast because his exhaust was loud. I bet he thought differently after the 4 door family sedan smoked him.

I haven't raced anything I knew I would lose too, and I really try not to provoke any races. But I don't back down from a challenge. B)

·
Registered
233 Posts
I don't race it in all seriousness; just for a bit of fun.

But here a couple of memories:

Racing my parents 530i BMW - I got killed except for that 1 second where I hit the accelerator before my dad.

Friends R33 Skyline GTS-T; again killed.

FPV GT-P - I'll let you guess the outcome of this one.

Riced Civic - hehehe, he tried oh so hard, but lost

AU Falcon 6 cylinder - this is close; but those cars have huge traction problems, so I won.

Julian

·
Registered
90 Posts
Too many fun times to recall them all,
My friends 99 contour sport, 1st time he got me, it was my first race got a bad start.....2nd time, smoked him by 4 cars....
94 CRX-guy talked alot of crap, not so much afterwards...
95 MR2-ehh, women drivers......
99-SES-another women,... it was quick tho...
91 couger, 3.8 mustang- i told him not to give me a chance, i really did.... datsun 280z, a jeep, quite a few honda's, only ones i lose to have turbos.... an 88 mercedes turbo diesel....hahhaaha....that was so bad.....a 2000 vw bug, couple of trunks, a bronco, and alot of other wins.....
but i've lost quite a few times, like against the 95 galant twin turbo with the VR4, yea....i knew it was gunna happen, a turbo si, like 3 cameros, and some others..

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
never did and never will. :D i am afraid my engine may fall out and I will end up walking home. Now i do that often on mother's corolla since it is a newer car and has only 4000 miles on it :D stock (non-riced)....and i love going civic hunting....i win most of the time since i have the new engine advantage :lol: the idiot in the 1980s civic with chrome rims and fart can always looks pissed when getting beaten by a corolla with a "Jesus Loves You" sticker in the back! :lol2:

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
When I bought my car I didnt race at all but after a month or so I began racing but not too often thought. I used to race in a place here in Miami they used to race and a lot of people there were racing and after a while running away from th cop. But so far the first time I raced was in that place and I remember I had the spare tire on the front right side put on cuz I couldnt go to get fix the flat tire, so my first race was with my friend Ford F-150 (4.6) ... being the first time was a miracle how I pulled in front of him but then he was getting next to me and he won by I guess by 4 feets. Everyone who were watching they probably had been like darm that guy its crazy as hell and racing with a spare of tire. But I heard from my friend that the F-150 raced with Civics and Eclipse etc and they beated him up ... so I took a chance to race with him that my Sable has nuts and power to race :lol2:

Some kills:

Mazda Millenia (1994)
Honda Civic HB
Chevrolet Malibu :beat-chevy:
Honda Accord (around 89 or so)
Honda Civic (2002?)
Ford Contour (Non-SVT)

Actually I race with some more but I dont remember since it was a few years ago ... probably 2 yrs.

I had a few losses too lol. Couldnt show the Vulcan Powah :blush:

Since that I havent race that much though :unsure:

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Eh i sorta raced a v6 camero in my car.... we stayed neck and neck.. up to about 50mph.. where i stopped racing .. i almost never go over the speed limit-- cant afford a ticket.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Yeah, I don't race. Honest. :D

Kills:

- Countless civics
- Integra Type R
- Integra GS-R
- Chevy Lumina
- Nissan Maxima, 2001. Boy was he pissed! :p
- Acura 3.2 TL. He was more pissed than the Maxima was! :lol:
- VW Jetta VR-6 & 1.8T
- VW GTI 1.8T
- BMW 325i

Wins (not a kill since it was close):

- Integra GS Turbo (with tuning it could have definitely gone the other way :unsure: )
- VW GTI 1.8T (not stock. :( )
- BMW 535i
- Mercedes C230 (again, not stock)
- Mustang GT (fox body)
- BMW Z3

Pwn3d :( :

- Porsche SUV. Twice.
- Mustang GT (2000. Not stock.)
- Civic, 1996 (it sneezed going into 3rd gear. No contest. Damned forced induction! :angry: )
- Eclipse GS-X (murdered me off the line! :eek: )
- M3
- M5
- AMG S55
- AMG M55
- F150 Lightning
- VW Jetta GL, 1991 (he kept a door length on me from 80 till 130. All motor. :blink: )

I'm sure that there's more, but in my old age, my memory is going. :p

*edit*
This just in! Isabel vs. 240SX (1992 or 1993). He had a turbo. It was ugly. :(

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I never raced my car on city streets since I never had a chance to, plus it's too short of a distance between lights to do it. I have raced on the track, but the only car I beat was a 20 year old T-Bird V6 with a bad tranny.

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
I beat a 92 Taurus 3.0 in my grand am. :p Sad thing is my beat that same car in his 92 tempo 2.3

S

·
0 Posts
Honda Accord V6s are cool. But I murdered them.
Also little CRXs are fun (just to keep you KNOWing that you're better then they are)

couple of Civics and Integras.

I went up agianst a Grand Am GT but I lost.
(til we meet again!)

and a Contour 24V. Which I pulled away from! HA! lol

and lets see.... a 98 Ford Taurus Duratec. Which I lost to! lol

I blame the Draxas Short Ram Intake!! Damn hot a** valley air too!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I dont street race, but I've killed several people at the track...

2002 Sentra V-Spec 6 speed
late model GTi
late model Celica "Turbo"
2001 Expedition :lol2:
2003 G35
guys new Porsche SUV thing
2 Civics
several F series

Thats all I can remember, 4 doors own :banana:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have soooo many kills (and losses) from street racing I can barely remember them all.

One was a riced out Civic (looked good actually). He was entering the tolls at the Delaware Memorial Bridge and I was behind him. I hit the Easy Pass lane next to him. He came out of the tolls and gunned it. I heard his fart can and I nailed it. He was on it hard and so was I. I was expecting a challenge, instead I blew by him so fast as I was going into 2nd gear I couldn't think about what was happening. Gotta love the ricers that spend $5000 on looks and a fart can with no other mods. :chili: :banana:

I have killed numerous other Civics and Integra's. Ran circles around Luminas, New Regals, and a Maxima with rims and a fart can. Wasted Expeditions, F-150's, Tahoe's, some doof in an F-250 Power Stroke. Celica automatic (3 times on the same freeway on the same drive to work). Beat Durango's and lord knows what else.

I have barely won against a 535i 5-speed (a soccer mom who couldn't drive a stick) and tied a Z3 (he was PI$$ED!!).

I have had my a$$ handed to me on a silver platter by many Benz S500's. I got totally mutilated by a Viper.

With my MPV (thanks for the Duratec, Ford):

I whooped an Explorer in my MPV with my wife and kids with some moving stuff in the trunk yesterday. I have beat a newer Regal and I always have fun with the Civics in it. If it wasn't for the "crosswalk-to-crosswalk" lunge all 3.0 MPVs have it would be much better.

I'm getting a headache now so I'll stop here.
:D

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jun 30 2004, 02:19 PM
I've killed my friends old GTi, a BMW 325i, Camaro (V6), numerous Civics and Accords...an Eclipse, and a few others...

JR
Who cares about your taurii....tell us about your kills in that bad-boy svt cobra :D ....oh, i am guessing pretty much anything beside an LS1 or AMG right???(oh, nice car by the way...what year is it?)

·
Registered
183 Posts
ive never raced my vulcan because i as much as i want to believe the turtle and the hair story im not going to beat anything respectable. But when i had my dodge neon i use to **** tauruses. sorry, it was my first car i put my heart into that car.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I like to race anyone who is willing, even the cars that I know could kick my a$$. Bob thinks I'm crazy but I think that it isn't always about how fast your car will go but how far the driver is willing to push it ! ;) Not to be sexist but if there is another girl behind the wheel in the other car then I always win. Some guys like to race a little more.
And oh yeah... I've lost a bunch of times too. :p (Mostly to Bob's SHO)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts