Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having a lot of problems with the rubber hose for the washer fluid line dry rotting out. Well, again, I hit the button in to clean off my bug graveyard windshield, and no fluid comes out. *sigh*

I pop the hood, check the irrigation hose and duct tape job I did under the hood insulation and after the strut mount, and found it to not be leaking. I thought that finally the stupid hose broke down by the tank. Due to Ford's ingenius engineers who decided to put the tank in the wheel well :rolleyes: I figured I had a job ahead of me.

As I go to call a friend to borrow his garage (Can't jack up cars to work on them in the apartment), my girlfriend has the very bright idea of asking if the tank had fluid in it at all. Well, again, I can't see the actual tank so I figured why not.

I goto fill the tank up with fluid, and I keep filling, and filling, and filling...boy that tank sure took a lot of fluid. I go to check to see if it works and, yeah, you know the rest of the story from there.

I feel very, very stupid right now. Anybody else done something like this before?

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Lets see, back in the day............... refilled 5 qts after an oil changed...... forgot the damned plug and oiled my Dad's driveway!

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Was putting a cover on an above ground pool, and accidentally kicked a set of ***** into the pool without even realizing it. After getting the entire cover on, and securing it, realized what I'd done after I couldn't find the *****, and had to rip half the cover off and start over...

I'm sure I have dozens of stories like that...

I went to remove my intake silencer with a reciprocal saw and partially cut through my headlight harness...

JR

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jul 7 2004, 03:01 PM
After getting the entire cover on, and securing it, realized what I'd done after I couldn't find the *****
S' okay, they likely moved to Mass. and got married. :)

I once opened a darkroom door and ruined $1200 of negative paper. :unsure:

·
Registered
250 Posts
lol one time when i used to work at a bagel/coffee shop here in town, i was refilling a dispenser for chocolate syrup, and i dropped 2 gallons of it all over the countertops and floor. And to think, i didnt work there much longer!

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Originally posted by acreature@Jul 7 2004, 01:39 PM
Lets see, back in the day............... refilled 5 qts after an oil changed...... forgot the damned plug and oiled my Dad's driveway!
Now THAT'S funny.

I tried to pay for something at WalMart with my student ID once. I was just so used to pulling out my ID and swiping it for everything, I didn't think anything of it. Then the cashier asked if the University put out their own new credit card, and I'm like "what the crap are you talk.......oh". The funny thing is, the card went through. I'm sure it would have been denied, though.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
I when up to Fresno a couple weeks ago to a convention for my daughters' youth group. When I first arrived at the hotel, I locked myself out of the rental van. Called AAA and had them open it up for me. The next day, as I was dropping off the girls at the convention center, I shut the sliding door and hear this ominous click. I just could not believe that the doors locked again with the engine running. I was getting ready to call AAA again when one of the mom's that was there noticed that I left the window down and she unlocked the doors. I had to cancel AAA. I caught all kinds of crap from everyone for the rest of the trip. I felt pretty stupid.

Bob

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Jul 7 2004, 03:46 PM

I once opened a darkroom door and ruined $1200 of negative paper. :unsure:
:eek:

I once did a whole nights worth of guided exposures (astrophotography)... about 5 hours, then realized I forgot to put film in the camera :(

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by acreature@Jul 7 2004, 02:39 PM
Guilty as charged, i too have done this but i figured it out after the first quart when i heard the oil hitting the garage floor :lol2:

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jul 7 2004, 02:01 PM

I went to remove my intake silencer with a reciprocal saw and partially cut through my headlight harness...

JR
Funny,

I was using a dremmel to cut the silencer on my 99 and my Lab snuck up behind me and cold nosed my butt. I dremeled about three inches across the fender.

Mike
B)

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I had the car on ramps to change the oil. I wanted to back the car off the ramps before starting the car. So I put the car in neutral, sitting in the drivers seat, push the car off the ramps, and BUMP!!! I backed my car into a tree. I looked around to see if anyone noticed.... I felt pretty dumb.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by jedhead@Jul 7 2004, 07:01 PM
I when up to Fresno a couple weeks ago to a convention for my daughters' youth group. When I first arrived at the hotel, I locked myself out of the rental van. Called AAA and had them open it up for me. The next day, as I was dropping off the girls at the convention center, I shut the sliding door and hear this ominous click. I just could not believe that the doors locked again with the engine running. I was getting ready to call AAA again when one of the mom's that was there noticed that I left the window down and she unlocked the doors. I had to cancel AAA. I caught all kinds of crap from everyone for the rest of the trip. I felt pretty stupid.

Bob
Fresno eh?? I live there. Just thought you should know. Also RIGHT BY the convention center! :)

SableSal

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ask me what happened after I fixed my daughter's Razor Scooter, then I had to try it out... :curse:

X-Rays --- $245
E.R. Doctor picking gravel out of my face --- $150
New glasses --- $125
Beaming look of gratitude from my daughter --- Priceless! :wub:

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Originally posted by Sablewagon@Jul 8 2004, 02:56 AM
Ask me what happened after I fixed my daughter's Razor Scooter, then I had to try it out... :curse:

X-Rays ---  $245
E.R. Doctor picking gravel out of my face --- $150
New glasses --- $125
Beaming look of gratitude from my daughter --- Priceless! :wub:
Ouchees!

Oh, and once again back in the day.......... My ole 74 F100 lost reverse, and for months I had to push it backwards out and down the driveway to get going. One fine evening I did this, but forgot to close the driver's door. Oops against the fence. New used door and hinges fixed it, but damn that was EMBARRASSING! :blink:

·
Registered
116 Posts
i backed out of the garage when my mom had the car i have now, and put a nice dent in the drivers side bumper, i thought i cleared the garage and was backing up and i ended up damaging the fender, how dumb, guess the taurus can't take what a ol' caprice can take, i miss my friends old boat of a car that old 85 caprice, if the tranny wouldn't have failed

S

·
0 Posts
Well I went to do an engine swap on a preivous vehicle and forgot to drain all fluids out!!! Oil and Antifreeze all over the place....lol

SableSal

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Not something I did, but I was involved in:
MY buddy used to have an 86' Monte Carlo with the Chevy 305. He wanted to replace the Rochester Quadra-jet carb and the stock intake manifold with an Edelbrock Performer Carb and intake...no problem, right? WRONG! I had to run from Yardley to Philly to attend training for four hours, and during this time, he ripped the carb off....but didn't label ANYTHING! Well, I got back up there and told him we were going to have a problem, but he wouldn't listen to me. We installed the new manifold and mounted the carb, all it good...except we can't figure out which vaccum lines are which and how to hook up the electric choke...

He ended up calling the mechanic he used to work for and getting it towed for free. The guy set up the carb for like 30 bucks, but he felt like an a-hole for that one...

JR

1 - 18 of 18 Posts