Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'VE HAD MY SHO AWD FOR 6 MONTHS, 8000 + MILES AND IT'S BEEN BACK TO DEALER SERVICE FIVE TIMES, WITH A FORD ENGINEER FROM DEARBORN EVEN MAKING A TRIP TO TRY TO SOLVE THE ISSUE - I AM TOTALLY FED UP, WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS????????????
IT HAS DIED ON THE HIGHWAY, STALLS OUT, ELECTRONICS GO CRAZY, BACK UP CAMERA COMES ON GOING FORWARD DOWN THE ROAD.....THEY'VE HAD A VDR (FLIGHT RECORDER ON IT) STILL CAN'T COME UP WITH A SOLUTION. THEY EXPECT ME TO KEEP BRINGING IT IN OR KEEP DRIVING IT WITH RECORDER, WHEN IS IT ENOUGH ? SOME ONE PLEASE ADVISE, I AM GETTING NOWHERE....LITERALLY! I AM TOTALLY AFRAID TO DRIVE IT ON THE INTERSTATE AGAIN ! AND THAT'S MY DAILY COMMUTE ! 40,000 BUCKS AND IT SITS IN THE SHOP

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Sorry for all of your problems, but unfortunately, since it is a new vehicle and a much different motor than the Yamaha, Essex and Vulcan, none of us really would know what's wrong with it. Best of luck though. Maybe they can bring it to the factory?

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Are you asking for help, or just complaining? All car companies eventually churn out a lemon or two from an otherwise good car line. (If your state has a lemon law you should look into it.) Also, I'm sure that you haven't driven it hard at any time while putting 1300+ miles/month on it. ;)

Really though, don't just join our forum to type all in caps and pretend like it is somehow our fault. We don't mind the occasional rant, but we mostly enjoy trying to help other bull owners keep their rides on the road and have a good time. Good luck with the dealership, and seriously look at those lemon laws.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I'll contact a Customer Service Rep at Ford World HQ for you. She usually responds in about 1-2 days. PM me with name, contact number and email in case she needs it. Oh yeah, she needs the VIN number too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excuuuuuuuse me for being rude, apparently caps lock was on, and I didn't stop to change. I was looking for someone that may have same issue with same model. Apparently there's alot of rude smartasses on this forum - I will go elsewhere and by the way, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP SWENSEN

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
QUOTE (shosap @ Jun 4 2010, 09:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809310
Excuuuuuuuse me for being rude, apparently caps lock was on, and I didn't stop to change. I was looking for someone that may have same issue with same model. Apparently there's alot of rude smartasses on this forum - I will go elsewhere and by the way, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP SWENSEN[/b]
As I previously stated, we don't have alot experience with the 2010 SHO. :( There is a very small handlful...like 2-3-4 owners on this board? The EcoBoost is unexplored terrain. I don't even recall anyone having such issues with their 2010 SHO from this small handful of owners on this board.

But maybe someone on this board can help and give you some direction.

I have already contacted Joanne at Ford HQ and awaits for her response.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (fdogg96 @ Jun 4 2010, 01:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809314
QUOTE (shosap @ Jun 4 2010, 09:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809310
Excuuuuuuuse me for being rude, apparently caps lock was on, and I didn't stop to change. I was looking for someone that may have same issue with same model. Apparently there's alot of rude smartasses on this forum - I will go elsewhere and by the way, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP SWENSEN[/b]
As I previously stated, we don't have alot experience with the 2010 SHO. :( There is a very small handlful...like 2-3-4 owners on this board? The EcoBoost is unexplored terrain. I don't even recall anyone having such issues with their 2010 SHO from this small handful of owners on this board.

But maybe someone on this board can help and give you some direction.

I have already contacted Joanne at Ford HQ and awaits for her response.
[/b][/quote]

I sincerely appreciate your help, my earlier comment was in regard to Post #3. I know it's a new setup, wish Ford would drive their new designs for a year before putting them on the road. Again, thanks for helping

·
Registered
131 Posts
dont yell at us on the form man ! we didn't build the car...we didn't sell it to u and we
didn't force ur hand on the loan papers for it so just relax

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
QUOTE (shosap @ Jun 4 2010, 02:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809329
QUOTE (2005silverse @ Jun 4 2010, 01:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809323
dont yell at us on the form man ! we didn't build the car...we didn't sell it to u and we
didn't force ur hand on the loan papers for it so just relax[/b]

Sorry - I paid cash! But Out
[/b][/quote]
Slow your roll, playboy.

This has happened to one other person that I know of. He posts over on SHOForum as LotusDriver. He was having the exact same issues, and it was eventually diagnosed as the transmission range sensor. It took him 2 dealerships, and 5 visits to get it right, so far as we know (he has yet to post otherwise).

In the future, when you come on the forums seeking help, try to bear in mind that none of us here built the car, and none of us work for Ford. Posting like you did in your first post is guaranteed to garner a bare minimum of helpful replies, if any at all. What it will do, on the other hand, is annoy everyone who comes across your thread, and as you have learned, they will have no qualms about telling you about yourself.

Good luck with getting your SHO repaired.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
QUOTE (shosap @ Jun 4 2010, 12:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809283
I'VE HAD MY SHO AWD FOR 6 MONTHS, 8000 + MILES AND IT'S BEEN BACK TO DEALER SERVICE FIVE TIMES, WITH A FORD ENGINEER FROM DEARBORN EVEN MAKING A TRIP TO TRY TO SOLVE THE ISSUE - I AM TOTALLY FED UP, WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS????????????
IT HAS DIED ON THE HIGHWAY, STALLS OUT, ELECTRONICS GO CRAZY, BACK UP CAMERA COMES ON GOING FORWARD DOWN THE ROAD.....THEY'VE HAD A VDR (FLIGHT RECORDER ON IT) STILL CAN'T COME UP WITH A SOLUTION. THEY EXPECT ME TO KEEP BRINGING IT IN OR KEEP DRIVING IT WITH RECORDER, WHEN IS IT ENOUGH ? SOME ONE PLEASE ADVISE, I AM GETTING NOWHERE....LITERALLY! I AM TOTALLY AFRAID TO DRIVE IT ON THE INTERSTATE AGAIN ! AND THAT'S MY DAILY COMMUTE ! 40,000 BUCKS AND IT SITS IN THE SHOP[/b]
demand a new car

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Least it's paid for homes.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
QUOTE (shosap @ Jun 4 2010, 01:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809310
i had a SHO. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
As these guys stated, few of us have a new SHO, let alone have had a problem. Every automaker is gonna make a car that is a lemon. It doesn't mean it has lots of problems, sometimes on bad sensor can produce a wide variety of symptoms, and sometimes the problem is less than apparent. I agree, find out what your states lemon laws state, and see what you can do to get a replacement that doesn't have problems.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
The original poster realized how he came off and apologized in Post no. 2. He learned his lesson.

·
Registered
131 Posts
QUOTE (shosap @ Jun 4 2010, 03:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809329
QUOTE (2005silverse @ Jun 4 2010, 01:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809323
didn't force ur hand on the loan papers for it so just relax[/b]

Sorry - I paid cash! But Out
[/b][/quote]

well if u paid cash for this one trade it in,take the hit since the car is now titled ,and pay cash for another one :lol2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts