Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
its cuz in hot temperatures, you cant get the same amount of air into the engine that u can when the air is cold(cold air compresses better)....and so your power is less.....thereby making the lagg......its something your going to have to learn to live with.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. Anyone fix the major lag in the Vulcan while its hot? Lag during hot summers is normal but this is ridicolous, and not considered normal at any extent.

·
Registered
46 Posts
(Duratec here), Nope, still major issue with me. Replaced fuel pump as tech. at dealership thought it may be over heating due to excessive heat from road on hot days but didn't correct. Only thing I haven't replaced (literally) is the fuel injectors. On order, should be here next week although I seriously doubt they are the culprit. I thought I'd just go ahead and finish replacing as much as I could since I'm at 100,000 miles. And you are correct, this is not NORMAL power loss. I've never experienced anything like this in previous vehicles or in any that I've ever driven.

·
Registered
285 Posts
You'll have to pull the codes out of the EEC to start with. It's the only way to get started in the right direction with your troubleshooting.

http://www.dalidesign.com/hbook/eectest.html

This link will get you the instructions you need to pull your codes; I looked in your profile and this is for your '92, correct? This won't work on '96 and later.

Let us know what you find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts