Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
509 Posts
Yes.

they do work to some extent, but not how they show it on TV.. They had them in consumer reports, and they said that it took them like, 130 tries to pull out 1 ding..

but they say that the more you work with it, the better the results are..
Also, it doesnt take out certian kinds of dings

"...Within minutes, this gadget partially popped out most of our smaller impressions..."

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I've used the "Ding King" before, and it helps, but it take a lot of patiance and doesn't do a spectacular job or anything. You might try getting a quite from a paintless dent repair shop like Dent Wizards. They have all the really niffty tools and do great work. I had several dents on my car repaired that way, and you cannot tell there ever was a dent.

-Dan

·
Registered
887 Posts
I agree that the shop Dent Wizard does great work. My Dad had a tree branch fall on his Alfa Romeo a few years back (while he was driving!). It put about 10 dents down the middle of his hood and they got every one out and the paint still looked perfect.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The only problem with Dent Wizard is that they charge you like $99.00 PER PANEL to take the dents out. If you only have one small ding in a door, I would think it would be worth it to drop the 19.99 for the Ding King and spend 2 hours trying to work it out. Unless it is on a crease, then go to Dent Wizard.

But Dent Wizard does do great work. At least they did on my buddy's M3.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I just used the twist -a-dent about two weeks ago and got 90% of my dents out, but mine were pretty severe.

To all the mechanics here let me give you some advice, pull the ramps at least 5 feet from the car when pulling out.........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts