Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking awhile back because i had a 99 taurus and a 99 continental in the shop at the same time
i know its the same tranny and i know the harness and computer would nee to be changed but i swear that the subframe is same and the engine is close to the same diameter

just wondering

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i was right the 4.6 was based on the yami v8 including mounting points just alittle bigger
i can make it work

but would i want to open that can of worms with "Christine"
if i dont get rid of her it may be an option

im sure i can get an extra grand for the build just from her motor

and just because im on the subject of being stupid i also believe i could bolt a newer like 05 or 02 body style front clip on

i believe that ford just changed sheet metal looks not actual hard body and frame

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
and just because im on the subject of being stupid i also believe i could bolt a newer like 05 or 02 body style front clip on

i believe that ford just changed sheet metal looks not actual hard body and frame [/b]
That's been done too. Rad support, headlights, bumper, grille, fenders, hood

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah could probably change rear quarters 2 but that would just be crazy
is the interior interchangeable 2
damn im new to all this but i think its actually cool that it all does bolt on

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
yeah could probably change rear quarters 2 but that would just be crazy
is the interior interchangeable 2
damn im new to all this but i think its actually cool that it all does bolt on[/b]
You can bolt on almost anything from a gen3 to a gen4. Interior included, at least to an extent. You would have to match all panels to make it look right.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Isn't that a RWD tranny?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
The 4.3 is no where related to the 4.6 FYI. It has more in common with Cobra and Mustang motors then anything else.

A SHO has been dropped in a Gen4.

A V8 SHO has been mated to an MTX at least twice.

·
Registered
388 Posts
It will not fit in a Taurus and be operational with out damaging some thing or melting things all over.

Big C faker just set i tin the car and snapped off a photo before he sold the body and 4.6. never had it hooked up, never started it in the car, never had it on the road.
To my knowledge, to date.. .no one has ever put a 4.6L in a Taurus ( that is to say they haven't done it with out serious modifications any way. I am sure some dip shiat has done it with heavy tube mods for the strip but not as stated as a direct bolt in for the street. Why in the hell any one in their right mind would build a 4.6L for bracket or any thing else is beyond me but I guess they do LOL! *I HATE the 4.6* )

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Why be such a negative nancy. You do not know with 100% certainty that it will not work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts