Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered a deal to get my hands on a used Coustic CD-325 head unit for my taurus.

I can't find any good information on this company or their products. Is this the sort of thing that gets sold to people off the back of a white van at the mall?

What would be a good head head unit that would match the interior a 97 taurus with a Scosche adaptor kit? Something inexpensive that would make good use of the stock speakers as well?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by snyper1982@Jan 20 2004, 11:26 AM
and you realize that its not a simple plug and play to put an after market deck in a taurus. you have to run all your wires to the back of the car, because thats where the stock amp is, its just a control unit up front. they have a wiring harness that has all the wires needed to run to the back. by the way, the stock amp and wires are on the driver side in the trunk. its not difficult, just time consuming.
I don't understand this

Why would you have to run wires? Shouldn't there be wires going from the back the control unit that is already there?

Or is it because you are going to use the headunit as an amp instead of the amp in the back?

How do you run wires?? do you have to rip up carpeting?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.