Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
removing the bottom half the intake box. drilling holes in corners of the k&n and top half of the intake box. then bolting them together. just brainstorming

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
removing the bottom half the intake box. drilling holes in corners of the k&n and top half of the intake box. then bolting them together. just brainstorming
[/b]
So you want to take a Cold Air Intake system and turn it into a Hot Air Intake system? I think it's pretty well established that HAIs are baaaaaaaaaaaaad...

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Not only would you make a HAI, but you would defeat the purpose of even having an air filter. If you're drilling holes in the post-filter end of the intake, screw the air filter all together. Your engine and MAF will be ruined FYI.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Ryanqzqz cut the bottom half of the lower box and exposed the filter, but he did it in such a way that it would still seal. Not sure what kind of gains/losses he had, but I'm sure it was louder.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I wouldn't cut the air box if I were you. Not only would it make your engine louder but gas mileage would drop too because it would be warm air induction. With Ford's design, with the air box and a panel filter your engine is sucking in more than enough (cold) air and keeping your engine quiet.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
The stock air intake system is pretty good the way it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts