Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking to get a 2000 ford taurus wagon off some one that is not the owner but it was given to them the story goes that his friend was living with him and they had a falling out and the person that has the car now has tryed to contact the owner of the car over and over again but the owner does not went the car or any thing to do with it why i do not know should i not get it it is a nice car but i do not know and it is kind of pissing me off should i get it i just dont know :banghead:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Do you have a mechanic friend?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First let me say i am not looking for advice to buy or not buy the car.. what i am looking for is ideas creative ect i was even thinking about changing vins codes and the drivers door but it is a little well you know so please i NEED advice tricks ect some one even told me to put a mechanic lean on it but i have no idea about doing that

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You might want to check with your local laws. After a period of non-use a car can be declared as abandoned and then you can swoop in and get it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might want to check with your local laws. After a period of non-use a car can be declared as abandoned and then you can swoop in and get it.

i backed out of the deal to risky and how to say i can get a title for it or it is not stolen

·
Registered
809 Posts
Good move, there are plenty of used Bulls out there!! Like a girl with too much excess baggage, run away from that "deal" !!

·
Registered
833 Posts
there's nothing risky about it if you check the laws. Not only can a car be considered abondoned in some states after a period of time, but if some leaves something on someone else's property for a specific amount of time it actually becomes property of the owner of the property. I think in mass it's 6 months.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
call the dmv and ask question lol but yeah there are law for those purpose

1 - 15 of 15 Posts