Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can buy an aftermarket PCV Grommet for a 98 Ford Taurus OHV 12v Vulcan?

The grommet on my Taurus that the PCV valve sits in is all worn out and crumbling.

My local auto parts stores don't seem to carry big enough ones, and I checked at the dealer, and they are selling it for $20, which I think is a huge rip off.

Does anyone know of a cheap source online or something where I can order the proper grommet? Or does anyone have the specific part number from an aftermarket company?

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
QUOTE (steelstr45 @ Jun 18 2009, 02:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733341
Does anyone know where I can buy an aftermarket PCV Grommet for a 98 Ford Taurus OHV 12v Vulcan?

The grommet on my Taurus that the PCV valve sits in is all worn out and crumbling.

My local auto parts stores don't seem to carry big enough ones, and I checked at the dealer, and they are selling it for $20, which I think is a huge rip off.

Does anyone know of a cheap source online or something where I can order the proper grommet? Or does anyone have the specific part number from an aftermarket company?

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks.[/b]
Sounds like a dealer only part. Boneyard if you're close to one and grab it ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's got to be some replacement grommet out there somewhere that will work that isn't dealer only right?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm finding tons of 1986-1995 Ford Taurus grommets out there for like $3 each. Does anyone know if there were any other years or any other engines that use the same PCV Grommet that the 1996-1999 Ford Taurus Vulcan engines use?

Or does anyone know of a cheap source for Motorcraft parts, so I don't have to shell out $20 at my dealer?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Autozone: Part Number: 8094
Edelbrock / 2 pcs. Rubber PCV Valve Grommet
Price: $9.99

I need one for my 01, so I wll be heading down there this weekend..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great thanks! See I went down to Autozone, and they were like "uhhh duhh, it's not coming up on the computer" I'll check out that part number, thanks!

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Doesn't the PCV grommet come with the oil canister? Or is it with the valve? I forget, but its one of those two.

Go to the junkyard and like the other guy said, check out the HELP! section at Autozone.

You can find Motorcraft parts at Rockauto.com. And there is a TCCA discount code.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (fdogg96 @ Jun 20 2009, 04:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733721
Doesn't the PCV grommet come with the oil canister? Or is it with the valve? I forget, but its one of those two.

Go to the junkyard and like the other guy said, check out the HELP! section at Autozone.

You can find Motorcraft parts at Rockauto.com. And there is a TCCA discount code.[/b]
I ordered one someone told me about over on ford-forums.com from rockauto.com for only $2 (plus like $5 shipping).

I didn't know about the TCCA discount though, but I had a 5% code. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this thread is old but I need one of these pcv grommets for my 98 wagon and the Ford dealer near me has to special order it by the time its all said and done close to 30 bucks for a rubber washer is crazy is there any alternatives to this? if I have to pay it I will but yikes :unsure:

·
Registered
22,988 Posts
"Help!" secton at a parts store, Rockauto online, or my favorite option, scour a self service salvage yard for a couple of good ones. Dunno if the grommets were the same for later (newer) year Vulcans?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know this thread is old but I need one of these pcv grommets for my 98 wagon and the Ford dealer near me has to special order it by the time its all said and done close to 30 bucks for a rubber washer is crazy is there any alternatives to this? if I have to pay it I will but yikes :unsure:
Go to the HELP section at Pep Boys and look for part no 42324. This is the part you need. I just purchased one at Pep Boys for my 97. Cost was $4.49.

The back of the card says "various Ford models 1993-91", just disregard that. If you compare original to the new, you will see it's identical.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I stopped at o'reillys on the way to the ford dealership and the guy helped me find one that just needed a little elbow grease B) and presto it worked. The guy said it was a mustang grommet it really didn't have numbers on it the best thing to do is take you're old grommet with you and compare. Hopefully that helps someone because it was a p.i.t.a. to find one with out paying $26.00 for it. lol thank you Ray, you responded while I was typing.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Parts/pics are as follows. Note the elbow from the PCV valve to the plastic tube behind the intake manifold is 46022. Total w/9.25% tax was $16.58

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts