Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Been a member for awhile and have gotten a ton of information. I had a rebuilt tranny put in a year ago on a 97 LX Duratec and have been noticing some problems. There is no "check engine light", but the car tends to shift very hard from 2nd to 3rd gear after driving for awhile. When cold, the car shifts fine. Fluid levels are fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Have you ever replace the fluids? You can try getting a tranny serviced which is replacing about 60% of the fluids (Mercon or Mercon V is ok) and filter.

Or you can flush the whole system with Mercon or Mercon V to replace 100% of the fluids.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (fdogg96 @ Jul 25 2009, 06:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=741893
Have you ever replace the fluids? You can try getting a tranny serviced which is replacing about 60% of the fluids (Mercon or Mercon V is ok) and filter.

Or you can flush the whole system with Mercon or Mercon V to replace 100% of the fluids.[/b]

This transmission was bought as a rebuild less than a year ago. I haven't put more than a few thousand miles on it. I would assume the fluid put in it when it was rebuilt would be new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts