Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trieing to replace the har plastic Vacuum lines that go from the Passanger side and run behind and on top of the intake manifold then down beside the Intake manifold. There are 2 lines that run ontop that meet a 3rd line and they plug into a rubber boot on the Intake and other places . My question is does anyone know where the red and green go , I did not take a pic of them and cannot figure how they plug up.

I have a 1996 Taurus Lx 3.0 dohc (duratec) Please Help

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Does you car have a vacuum routing diagram sticker on the hood?

I'll try to snap some pics, but it's already getting dark.

ok... a couple pics. I tried taking a pic of the vacuum routing diagram, but it was too dark to get a detailed pic.

The vacuum lines collect into a single rubber connector with 1 large input and several small outputs. This is behind the UIM near the TB. A red line runs to the EGV (EGR solenoid on the passenger side of the UIM, black plastic with the vented cap, shown in the pic). A green line runs back to the EGR from the EGV. A red line runs from the connector to the FPR (fuel pressure regulator). Other lines from the rubber connector serve the EVAP system and HVAC vents.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In your 1st pic , where do those lines plug in , i have 3 lines coming from a rubber boot attached to the Intake where do those go , please help

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
If you wait a bit, I can scan the whole diagram for the Vac system.
Edit: Scanner is being a ######, I'll see if I can get it going again.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
In your 1st pic , where do those lines plug in , i have 3 lines coming from a rubber boot attached to the Intake where do those go , please help
[/b]
I guess I wasn't clear enough.....

the green line to the EGR runs from the EGV.

the red line runs from the rubber connection behind the UIM (1 in 3 out elbow) to the FPV

the second red line runs from the rubber connection to the EGV

IIRC, the last line from the rubber connector is white, short, and makes a 180 turn and feeds the HVAC vents

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My lines aren't red and green , they are all black , please someone post a pic or pics of the routing under the throttle body , i have to get this car going by 5 today and of the rubber boot with 3 lines coming out of it .

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
My lines aren't red and green , they are all black , please someone post a pic or pics of the routing under the throttle body , i have to get this car going by 5 today and of the rubber boot with 3 lines coming out of it .
[/b]
My question is does anyone know where the red and green go [/b]
this was your original question.... If I get time, I'll draw you a picture

edit*

From AutoZone's website.

1996 Duratec

1997 Duratec

1998-99 Duratec

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.