1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Sorry to say this, but I hate that. The Taurus just doesnt look right with that "convertable" style roof top. I saw it on an early 90's camry the other day and it looked bad. At least its better than ricing it....

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I don't really like it either. Reminds me of the Buick/Caddilacs my Grandfather used to drive. The only reason I stop and took a second look was I remembered reading that old thread.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Um, that's not a real convertible. It's just a vinyl roof. It doesn't look good on a round car. Older boxy cars are OK, but that's just not right.

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
yep just a roof cover

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
It's actually called a carriage top. My grandfather used to have one on his old Grand Marquis. Now he has a 2003 Sable (Duratec power...although I'm sure he's never opened it up). I saw a dark blue Gen III a couple weeks ago with the carriage top. Didn't look that bad on a blue car, but I'd never drive it.

JR

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I think an ALL balck one would look OK.

Besides, some people like ugly cars. It's makes them feel better when they pass nicer looking cars :p

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by D Man@Aug 28 2004, 09:53 AM
I think an ALL balck one would look OK.

Besides, some people like ugly cars. It's makes them feel better when they pass nicer looking cars :p
Haha uh huh... :blink:

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Anyone know where you could get a carraige top put on? I've been looking around... My roof caved in while 2 feet heavy snow came, and when I popped it back out theres a bunch of dips here and there and it looks like crap.....I dont really wanna bondo and paint it... the only other thing i though of was doing a big sunroof...or 2. I personally like the look of the top, but it will look granpa style...unless you get rims B)

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by tmonster@Aug 28 2004, 10:22 AM
I personally like the look of the top, but it will look granpa style...unless you get rims B)
Then you would need to get some crushed velvet seats, hydrolics and a bright colored fedora...

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
lol. I would look for custom auto upholstery shops. They'd be the type of place that would be able to put that kind of stuff together. I'm sure it's no easy task, and I'm sure it's not cheap!

JR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts