Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering getting these tires in P225/55R16 for my 2k SEL. Can anyone give me feedback on these and if they are worth getting or not?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Cant give ya any info on the brand you asked about. HOWEVER! If you would like to know what I recomend. Goodyear eagle GT HRs. Ride good, grip good,and look good to.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. I really like the BF Goodrich Traction T/A's, but trying to save cash.. The BFG T/A's rated really well in tirerack.com the Conti Extremes did too.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Originally posted by bco1206@Jun 26 2004, 08:30 PM
Yeah. I really like the BF Goodrich Traction T/A's, but trying to save cash.. The BFG T/A's rated really well in tirerack.com the Conti Extremes did too.
Im not impressed with continental. And I will not buy anything French.

G

·
I work for Pep Boys, and the Ventus II Tires by Hankook are GREAT! I have Futura UltraZs on my car, but my next batch are going to be Ventus IIs for sure!

Sal

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SableSal

Thats exactly where I was today and the guy showed me those Ultra Z's as well: wicked looking tread on those. I just thought at a quality Z rated tire should be more then $69 a piece. :lol2:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well...This tread can close out now. I bought the Hankook Ventus HRII P225/55R16's today.

I'll let everyone know if they suck or not in a couple weeks. B)

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
The Ultra Z tires are great. The reason they are so cheap is that they are discountinuing those. I have bought at least 5 sets of these over the years. The new Ventius tires that are supposed to replace the Ultra Z tires do not have the AA traction rating. SableSal do you have any other suggestions? I have already sent Pepboys an email, but they never responded. I like the fact that if I need a replacement tire I can go to any Pepboys and get a new one. I have bad luck with road hazzards as nails love me for some reason :rolleyes:

Also, how would I get Pepboys to put the stick on wheel weights inside the wheel instead of the kind that mess up the rims?

G

·
At Pepboys, you have to request that you get your wheels balanced with STICK ON WEIGHTS. If you dont mention it, they will use hammer-on weights. Also, have them check the other stores for those Tires. (UltraZs) I noticed that in Fresno, there is only ONE last Ultra Z Tire in stock. Thats out of 5 stores!! LOL When it comes time to replace them, Im going to go ahead and get the Ventus Tires.

bco1206, Take some pics of the wheels. I never seen a Taurus/Sable with a 55 Series Ventus Directional Tread on it before. Just curious on how mine are going to look when I do infact get them.

SAL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts