Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking I want a handbrake in my car. I looked and cant seem to find any. The reason I need one is I'm tall and its real hard to press the foot parking brake, my legs don't get that high without pulling them up with my hands(which is dangerous). so I was wondering if anyone knows of a aftermarket kit to replace the foot version with a hand version?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been thinking I want a handbrake in my car. I looked and cant seem to find any. The reason I need one is I'm tall and its real hard to press the foot parking brake, my legs don't get that high without pulling them up with my hands(which is dangerous). so I was wondering if anyone knows of a aftermarket kit to replace the foot version with a hand version?
scratch that found one on ebay

·
Registered
374 Posts
When I set my parking brake, I can't think of a single time when it was dangerous for me to do so. I'm 6'5".

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
I've never used the parking brake on an automatic trans equipped vehicle, even my GM's years ago with the crappy Park sprag & pawl setup...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I set my parking brake, I can't think of a single time when it was dangerous for me to do so. I'm 6'5".
When I need to set it (if my regular brakes fail) and I'm driving i have to take my hands off the wheel to pull my leg up to engage it.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
When I need to set it (if my regular brakes fail) and I'm driving i have to take my hands off the wheel to pull my leg up to engage it.
If your regular brakes are failing that often, you might want to look at them first. Just my 2 cents...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts