Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw some headlights my friend had bought for his Ram truck. They are really sweet looking. They are called Halo headlights (see pic). Unfortunately I cannot find them anywhere for my 2006 Taurus. Does anyone know where they can be found? We need to have the TCCA Nation pressure the aftermarket manufacturers include us in their cool mods.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Back in my day, they were called Angel Eyes.

You'll have to make them yourself if you want them for the Taurus. It's been done before. You need to bake the headlight to open it. Then you buy a plastic rod (like the ones used on venetian blinds) and head that up and bend it around a peanut butter jar. Then you get an LED and wire it up to shine into the plastic rod. Glue to the inside of your headlight. Installation is the reverse of removal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Or you could do a retrofit like Im doing right now. Theres kits at theretrofitsource.com

Some need to have the back of the reflector drilled out and others like the morimoto mini you can just screw in where the stock bulb plugs into. You can get angel eyes included in the kit but I prefer the looks of the ones on retro-solutions.com. They just look fuller and better when theyre incased in the ring.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Are you looking for more light or do you just want to try and look cool?
If it's light your after sylvania silverstar ultras are the best mod I've done on my Taurus.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Are you looking for more light or do you just want to try and look cool?
If it's light your after sylvania silverstar ultras are the best mod I've done on my Taurus.
You upgraded the harness as well right? If you haven't it may be recommended...:p Btw I have a spare one soon once my Hid's are put in. lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts