Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See attachments. (pictures)

I got my coolant system flushed(I did it, for 2 hours :lol2: ), and new radiator hoses ran to and from heater core(bypassing the metal tubes).

I achieved partial heat, and good heat at highway speeds. Heater fan runs great.

So all my reading and talking to people let me to check the Waterpump!

Only to my horrible frustration, it looks just fine to me???

So now after wasting my night, I am out of ideas, other then trying to find a gasket, so save face, and not cost my mom more money :unsure:

Does anyone have pictures of a bad Taurus water pump? The ones people describe with the fins deteriorated?

Thanks, anything helpful would be nice, will be re-assembling it tomorrow :(

Attachments

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
See attachments. (pictures)

I got my coolant system flushed(I did it, for 2 hours :lol2: ), and new radiator hoses ran to and from heater core(bypassing the metal tubes).

I achieved partial heat, and good heat at highway speeds. Heater fan runs great.

So all my reading and talking to people let me to check the Waterpump!

Only to my horrible frustration, it looks just fine to me???

So now after wasting my night, I am out of ideas, other then trying to find a gasket, so save face, and not cost my mom more money :unsure:

Does anyone have pictures of a bad Taurus water pump? The ones people describe with the fins deteriorated?

Thanks, anything helpful would be nice, will be re-assembling it tomorrow :(
You said you flushed. did you actually disconnect the heater core hoses and flush out the heater core by itself? Thats what you need to do if you did not. you need to flush both directions until there is good flow and it comes out clean. you also need to feel your heater core hoses both input and output to see if there hot. Believe me, i have been there with the Taurus heat issue. If your pump is not leaking, the vanes will look like a flat wheel, instead of the 90 degree vanes coming off the pump wheel if it corroded bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.