Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I went out with my friend just driving around looking for street races, so of course, we ended up racing each other a bunch of times. He has a 1980-something el camino. He dropped in the GM 350 HO delux crate motor, and a 700R4 tranny with a shift kit. I think his only mods are an MSD ignition box, headers w/ true duals(no cats either), and a K&N filter.

Well, he ****ed me up from a dead stop and from a 15mph roll. Wasn't even close. He beat me pretty good from a 30mph roll, too, but it wasn't as bad. Then we went on the highway... :evil_grin: We went from 70mph, and we were dead even til about 80 when I started to inch on him. I might have passed him, but there was traffic so we had to hit the brakes at about 90 or 95. So, my car redeemed itself after getting stomped earlier. He probably would have passed me once I shifted into 4th, but we never made it that high because of traffic. BTW, each of us had a passenger.

Anyway, he also raced a new Mazda max speed (the one with the turbo) with a 5 speed and beat that, but it was kind of close.

He also beat some kind of 2 door super charged buick. That was bad enough where he was playing with the guy. Like the buick was at WOT the whole time, and my friend would just goose the throttle, let off, goose the throttle, then let off etc etc...

And I also raced a v6 mustang from about 50, and made him look pretty stupid in front of his girlfriend.

Oh yeah, I also smoked my friend's mom's 1980-something 2 door cadillac from a 50mph roll.

And amazingly, nobody got any tickets!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Going out and looking for street races? sounds alittle immature to me, hey but at least you won some
What car do you have? because I dont think the guy in the V6 mustang tried if you have a taurus, i may be wrong?...

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have a 97 taurus lx. Click the link in my sig to see some old pics of my car and a list of mods I'm waiting to take pics of as soon as I either fix my old digi cam or get a new one.

Trust me, he was trying, and it was pretty funny. He actually started the race. I was kind of driving by him, looked over and then he went for it. Kind of surprised me, so I didn't go the first time. Then I casually caught up to him again. This time when I looked over I tapped the throttle to give him a little rev, and then we went. And when we caught some traffic at a light, he was all pissed off and took off hard even though there were cars in front of him only to have to jump on the brakes. I guess it sucks losing to a taurus when your girlfriend is riding shot gun.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by mrcow32@Feb 14 2004, 10:17 PM
Isn't it funny how guys always think girls don't know how to race?
Kind of reminds me of this one time I was on the way home from work, and I had my friend riding with me. I usually tried to blow off some steam on the way home because my boss was d*** and if I didn't find an outlet I was going to kill him. Anyway, I was looking for a race on the way home, and I caught a light with a toyota solara, looked over and said something to my friend like "Aw man, it's a girl driving. Girls don't race." We had the windows down, but I wasn't sure if she heard me or not because she didn't really look over. Anyway, light changes, we start off slow, but then I hear her gun it. I had the biggest smile on my face as I passed her and my friend started cracking up. That was a fun race.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Originally posted by karimm33@Feb 14 2004, 12:42 PM
Going out and looking for street races? sounds alittle immature to me, hey but at least you won some
What car do you have? because I dont think the guy in the V6 mustang tried if you have a taurus, i may be wrong?...
Pre-99 V-6 Mustangs were DOG slow. They have the same power as the 1st and 2nd Gen bulls with the 3.8 Essex motor. I absolutely smoked one in my Explorer from a 20+ roll. He should have known not to mess with me in 1st gear when I'm in the higher RPMs.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, Karimm, we're immature, but dammit, we have fun. [/b]
I know i know.. just giving you a hard time! I like to have fun too but most of the time i dont try to look for races.. If a challenge arises and it's safe, i go for it!!.. But most of the time, i try to keep the car within the speed limits
i feel bad if i over speed it.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I talked to my friend with the el camino since that night, and he said he had to go test drive a mazda max speed after that race. Well, he said on the test drive it felt kinda slow, and the turbo spool noise and blow off noise wasn't as loud, so he's guessing the guy he raced had some mods.

And Karim, the pedal was awesome, but it didn't really fit. In that pic I had it rigged up with some zip-ties, but I took it off because it kept twisting, shifting, and rattling. But, it's a good pic, so I left in superford.

·
Registered
70 Posts
And Karim, the pedal was awesome, but it didn't really fit.[/b]
If all else fails, use super glue! Good that you removed the peddle, dont want the throttle to get stuck
. Still not as bad as a loose break which would really suck.

·
Registered
901 Posts
listen to this. Must have been embarazing for others. My family was on vacation in our windstar when we stopped beside a missubissi sports car at a stop light. We raced them of 4 lights in a row and blew them away everytime. They were laughing there heads off in the other car when they realized how pathetic their car was.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts