Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was, my friend and I in my '91. We were coming back from Albuquerque (I live in New Mexico) after dropping off my friends SVX to get his brakes done. We were driving when my friend pointed out this :rice: Honda CRX. The guy was going kind of slow so I proceeded to pass him. My friend then pointed out that he was staring at me the entire time I was passing him. I got about 2 car lengths when all of a sudden he started to floor it to keep up with me. His girlfriend was in the car, so I guess he was trying to impress her.

Unfortunately for him, he chose the wrong car to try and impress her with. He just kept looking at me the entire time we were side-by-side. I looked at him, shook my head at him as if to say, "What are you trying to do?" and then floored it. He also floored it. I know this because then I heared the firmiliar Ricer Rev (You know, the tiny 1.6L mixed with the 6" fart-can at high RPM?) We (or at least I) got up to about 75 m.p.h. when he was so far behind me I decided to turn on my hazards (I'm told that in the ricer world this signifies your victory) and slow down, my turn was coming up anyway.

Needless to say he was not satisfied with the results, so he turned off at the same turn as me and "floored" it passed me. At that point I quit trying and let him.

All-in-all it was a pretty easy, but fun, kill.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ricers are fun to pick on. I love seeing their faces when I pass them, decel, and shoot out a good 3-5 foot flame out of both exhausts, and they just stare at the next light. (btw. that was in my old 88 RX7)

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Why'd you give up? Don't you know how fun it is to make the civic your b****. Whenever I beat one, then they try me again and again, and I keep stomping them, there comes a point when they won't even line up with me anymore. It's friggin hilarious.

Like this one time I was screwing around with this guy until we caught a light. I looked over with that "look" :evil_grin: and his girlfriend laughed at me "ha ha a taurus! ha ha I'm so stupid" (something like that). Then he revved and laughed at me, and I gave him the nod. Light changed and totally fukt this guy up, then I wanted to slow down to see if he was still laughing at the taurus that just smoked him. So I slowed down to 30...in a 45, and he slowed down too, and got behind my car. It was too funny. He couldn't even face me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
once they see things like this -->
, They kind of get scared to get behind me.

(DISCLAIMER: pic is not of my car but of a Fellow member from Nopistons.com forums) My old one didn't throw out flames that big, but still enough for people to not want to be behind me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by mikehawk@Jan 1 2004, 07:55 PM
Is that one of those set-ups were you have it wired up so that you can rev it up then cut the ignition as the engine winds down?
its stock ecu, fuel (cept the pump), and ignition. its also stock ports .

kevin.[/b]
Rotary's are known for flamage. when my car was completely stock(except Straight pipe and no cats) it used to shoot 1-3 foot flames depending on how hard I ran it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I want flames!!!!!!!!! About how much would the set-up cost?

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by 96Sleeper@Jan 2 2004, 02:19 AM
I want flames!!!!!!!!! About how much would the set-up cost?
The one I saw was on Trucks(that tv show) and the guy installed spark plugs by his exhaust tips, and installed a toggle switch to flip between ignition in the engine vs ignition in the tail pipes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
there is this one "RICER" honda that drives his C*#! around my house. Sounding like a little mosqito and every time i see him i wish i was in my car cause i know that i would make him feel as small as his car sounds

·
Registered
486 Posts
whenever i think of beating ricers i cant help but think of the second Ace Ventura movie when he is in the monster truck near the end.

LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
SSSSSSSEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Originally posted by '91Taurus@Jan 1 2004, 02:30 AM
So there I was, my friend and I in my '91. We were coming back from Albuquerque (I live in New Mexico) after dropping off my friends SVX to get his brakes done. We were driving when my friend pointed out this :rice: Honda CRX. The guy was going kind of slow so I proceeded to pass him. My friend then pointed out that he was staring at me the entire time I was passing him. I got about 2 car lengths when all of a sudden he started to floor it to keep up with me. His girlfriend was in the car, so I guess he was trying to impress her.

Unfortunately for him, he chose the wrong car to try and impress her with. He just kept looking at me the entire time we were side-by-side. I looked at him, shook my head at him as if to say, "What are you trying to do?" and then floored it. He also floored it. I know this because then I heared the firmiliar Ricer Rev (You know, the tiny 1.6L mixed with the 6" fart-can at high RPM?) We (or at least I) got up to about 75 m.p.h. when he was so far behind me I decided to turn on my hazards (I'm told that in the ricer world this signifies your victory) and slow down, my turn was coming up anyway.

Needless to say he was not satisfied with the results, so he turned off at the same turn as me and "floored" it passed me. At that point I quit trying and let him.

All-in-all it was a pretty easy, but fun, kill.
If it wasn't an HX, it would have beat you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts