Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
during this week i accidentally hit my friends car, luckly his dad is cool and he isn't going to tell my parents. nopw the problem my front driver side fender is dented to hell. I was looking at the aftermarket auto parts website (http://www.discountaftermarketparts...pc=66&make=FORD&model=TAURUS&year=1999&cat=22)

And there fender is fairly cheap. I have 2 questions. what is the difference between the one fender, and the one that is CAPA certified part?
2: is it painted black like the picture or does it come bare or primed?
3: how hard would it be to replace the fender?

J

·
0 Posts
Why not go to a junkyard and try to find one already the right color and everything?

B

·
0 Posts
Depends on your skill level, but it's not that hard to do. Junkyards vary greatly in price, so it doesn't make sense to try to estimate what it would cost.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what i mean is. Is the fender held in by bolts all the way around or is it welded in some areas? cause i removed all the bolts i can find and the fender doesn't seem to move.

J

·
0 Posts
It's hard to say how much it would cost - it depends if it's a place where you pull it yourself or not. I'm not very familiar with body work, so I'm not sure what's involved with replacing it yourself, but I know it's been done, so somebody here should be able to help you out with that.

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by JasonBVHS@Feb 26 2004, 11:37 AM
what i mean is. Is the fender held in by bolts all the way around or is it welded in some areas? cause i removed all the bolts i can find and the fender doesn't seem to move.
It bolts on. You need to remove the hood hinge bolts to get the fender off, and also the front bumper cover/headlight on that side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts