Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[EDIT] The below was a spin off of another topic. We covered how to replace the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank. I split it off so those proceedures could be archived. We're still troubleshooting the guage problem though. [/EDIT]

No problem, though this did not fix my particular problem it seems. Althought nothing else has broken as a result, the needle still sticks. What's next? The guage itself?

-Dan

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
That would be my guess, if the gauge is partially reading until a specific point then it stops and you have already replaced the sending unit.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the fuel tank replaced with a junker unit, which is why that part isn't under warrenty, however the guage should be a warrenty repair if that is the case, right?

-Dan

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
If your car is still under warranty (not sure since i can't seem to find what year it is) then i would think that even if you replaced the gas tank and the sending unit they would still have to replace the gauge under warranty. It wouldn't hurt to check with the dealership though to make sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts