Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Unfortunately the ground diagrams are not too good. But there should be a major on that goes from the battery to the starter area, one or two to the drives side fender and one to the intake somewhere. There are also individual ground strap on connecting the hood too.

If you take the battery and tray out you can see most of them.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure. I wish that there were diagrams. I hate having this car now cause I can't find anything that I need.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
What ground wires are you looking for? I don't suppose you have thought about taking the battery out and following the negative ground cable down to see where it terminates.

If you are going to replace the ground wires for what ever reason then this would be a good place to start as they all will come back to the battery.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sounds like a good idea. I am just looking for bigger guaged wires. I don't like wimpy little wires. Get more electrical flowing through them. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
There usually is a ground that goes to the frame near the battery and on that goes to one of the starter mounting bolts.

There will also be a few smaller ones that will terminate by the shorter cable under the battery. FWIW if you replace the one going to the starter bolt that would be good enough as this is where most of the power will flow and it is secured to the engine block.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts