Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
6,642 Posts
So Bree, I am here at the motel on **** Street in Buffalo.

No kidding.

more tomorrow, maybe.

-chart-
Haha, I saw your post on TSOC. Call me Sam :)
Weird how TCCA works anywhere but your house. I honestly have NO idea why. Nothing on your account is limited or banned. No IP ban or anything.

There are some crazy street names and crazy people names out there. "Chew Kok" or "Anass Rhammar". Not joking either.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I'm going to take the consensus of other COTM winners as well as the general community, so your shot isn't gone yet! I'll let you know if you end up on the ballot or not.
I also agree that if you make one exception, others may want special consideration also. I see nothing wrong with him entering COTM in January and then going for COTY in 2013. The guidelines have been set for a long time, lets not start making changes now and keep it fair for all those who have been excluded becasue of picture size or other guidelines they didnt follow.

With that said, I love what you did with the wagon. You have my vote for COTM. I would go out of my way to get a picture of that myself. Check out the local Target stores, they have a t-shirt with a drawing of the car & Griswald Family Christmas on the front, would be perfect with that ride.

·
Administrator
6,642 Posts
Well, since I've taken over, I have adapted the rules to the best way I see fit. Dschinghis Kahn and I talked about it, and he said to go and he was 'interested to see what I do with it'.

The only reason I want ANY exception made this year is because we only will have 5 entries into car of the year. I have since contacted ALL of the COTM winners of 2012 and asked them if it's okay if I enter him as well, as well as the 3 most likely to win COTM for December. Out of them, only 1 said they would rather not have the wagon enter. I have been asked by the one COTM winner that opted not to have the wagon entered that if I do enter it because the other members vote its okay, that I don't make any other exceptions. He is okay with the one entry. I feel that the only people who would be hurt by me adding this entry would be the COTM winners, and I've talked to them all.

At this point I am planning on entering that car because of it, but if I get enough opposition I may change my mind. I'm trying to do the best job I can, and need members like you to keep me in check! I've had several people PM me over my short time as a mod and give me suggestions I would have never thought about.

I must say though that this months car of the month has over 100 votes, which is more than the past 3 months combined. I must be doing something right!

If anyone else thinks it should/should not be entered, feel free to PM me with your opinion. Maybe I'll start a poll.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts