Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody So I've been having this interesting issue when I accelerate (mainly going up hills) My car makes a grinding noise but if I push the engine a little harder around 3500 RPM then the noise basically disappears. I don't really have any idea what this could be. If there is anyway you can try and help me figure out what it could be please help me. I'll try and provide any addition information if needed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My cooling fans sound like they are on mounted to the firewall and not the radiator...

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Sure it is grinding noise and not more of a transmitted noise?

Wondering if something touches the body when the motor is twisting from perhaps bad motor mounts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This would be my first guess of the source also, especially given you've previously mentioned issues with harsh/jarring downshifts.
Forgive me but motor mounts being worn out can effect your engine/transmission? I just thought it was to hold the engine in place... Clearly I did not think anything bad of it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey sorry for the late response everybody. It's very difficult to get a sound clip/video because the sound isn't very loud. For the record it only happens when I am accelerating. The more I am the worse/louder the grinding seems to sound.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
JonTaurus
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing